PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hightower - slimmer is better or worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruschi was smaller. In his prime he could cover, blitz the QB, make picks and stop the run. When Bru couldn't get into the same zip code as a RB, he wisely retired. I remember the video. I see this as a positive for HT.

Bruschi was smaller. In his prime he could cover, blitz the QB, make picks and stop the run. When Bru couldn't get into the same zip code as a RB, he wisely retired. I remember the video. I see this as a positive for HT.
I think bruschi was 240-245

Love HT, it could be better for him as a LB but I always loved his versatility to line up as a defensive end (see sack in the Superbowl against Atlanta when he caused a fumble).

The draft implications are that they will need to add another DE, I hoped they would anyway but now it is a done deal.

I’m sure he didn’t play a step slow to manage himself. If you are a step slow a lb you get destroyed by a 320 lb OL.
I thought it was pretty obvious that he was still not 100% earlier in the season and as normally happens here the piling on turned the perception that his 85% was 15% of his normal healthy self.
I remember that Jags game he got flattened by a pulling guard on a run to the left side. That and getting torched by Keryion Johnson against Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots