PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hidden gems

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
One of my favorite things to do with the draft is to read about players who may be undervalued or a bargain. Generally they are from small schools, projects or have some baggage.

Here are a few to get started
Nathan Sheperd, DT, 6'5, 315
2018 NFL Draft Profile: NATHAN SHEPHERD
- project but very good size, value in round 4

PJ Hall, Sam Houston State, 6'0, 310
2018 NFL Draft Profile: P.J. HALL
- bowling ball who can deliver inside pressure, ran under 4.8 at his pro day

Parry Nickerson, 5'10, 180, Tulane
2018 NFL Draft Profile: PARRY NICKERSON
- smallish CB, 16 career picks, CB is deep and he may slide, looks to be a slot corner

Desmond Harrison, 6'6, 288, West Georgia
2018 NFL Draft Profile: DESMOND HARRISON
- lots of baggage and smallish but very good athlete

Running Backs - almost all are devalued

Jeremy Reaves - excellent tackling safety/CB, team leader, intelligent. Can play nickel CB and even outside CB as well as slot and free safety.

Ray-Ray McCloud from Clemson but he’s projected to be a 7th rounder or possibly udfa. He plays WR and PR, but can also play RB as well as CB. Sounds like a B.B. kinda guy to me.

Ray-Ray McCloud from Clemson but he’s projected to be a 7th rounder or possibly udfa. He plays WR and PR, but can also play RB as well as CB. Sounds like a B.B. kinda guy to me.

McCloud actually ran all DB drills at his pro day, in addition to the WR drills. "Just wanted to show that I'll do anything that the team needs me to do."

Was just watching cbs sports network and there was a discussion on diamonds in the rough at WR. The first guy brought up Jaelon Acklin from Western Illinois. And after reading his pro day numbers 40 in 4.47 seconds, three-cone drill in a 6.65, 38-inch vertical 10-3 broad jump along with his tape he could be the next Adam Thielen.

Was just watching cbs sports network and there was a discussion on diamonds in the rough at WR. The first guy brought up Jaelon Acklin from Western Illinois. And after reading his pro day numbers 40 in 4.47 seconds, three-cone drill in a 6.65, 38-inch vertical 10-3 broad jump along with his tape he could be the next Adam Thielen.

Pretty neat info here:

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - JAELON ACKLIN | NFL.com

He has his own YouTube channel. If he comes here, though, don't let him wear his college number. We don't tend to do very well with #17 on the team. :D

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back