PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey guys, it's been a while.

mackenzie45220

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I couldn't scout the draft this year. Too busy with college. But every year that I did scout, I always scouted a large number of juniors in the event that they entered the draft just so I wouldn't have to watch the film twice in the event they indeed entered. A couple of them returned for their senior seasons, and I still have notes on them, albeit from 2 years ago. Among those guys, 2 players stood out as huge sleepers:

1. Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford- length, size, strength, great instincts, wonderful technique, can two gap in a pinch, prototypical 3-4 end, just awesome in every way. I don't know that much about the overall strength of this year's draft class, but in a normal draft, I'd have him in the 20-25 range in my board, although I have no idea how his senior year went.

2. Randall Evans, CB, Kansas State- Tall, long, surprisingly athletic, and good against the run, great ball skills, a walk on who has been starting since he was a sophomore. If NFLDraftScout is right in saying that he's going in the 6th round, his upside is off the charts, and I can't believe a guy who was so productive at a BCS school with this much talent is going so unnoticed. Maybe he regressed as a senior, but the film I saw says he's worth a flier.

If you want to ask me about other prospects, the truth is, I don't know. Congrats on winning the Super Bowl, good luck in the future!

Missed your input. Good luck in the future.

I used to write for NFLMocks.com, watching 300 college football games per year in preparation for the NFL draft. I noticed one day that a few of my scouting reports had been posted on this forum, and I spent a couple years talking about the draft with these guys. Alas, I'm currently at the University of Chicago, and can't give scouting the proper attention it deserves. Still, as I said, I have leftover notes from when these guys were juniors.

If Bill doesn't draft a CB by 101, then I can see him taking someone like Evans or Nic Marshall
as size/speed developmentals with one of their 7th-rounders.

If you're in Chicago this weekend, have you been attending the draft festivities?

Oh, and I did get some Jordan Richards film, and I thought he was extremely underrated... when the projections claimed he was going to be a 5th round pick. As the last pick of the second round? You got market value.

Last edited:
DMAC back to corner? Trying to make myself feel better and understand the Richards pick.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back