PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey, at least this wasn't a playoff game

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcrack

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Man, if it makes you guys feel better, atleast this wasn't a playoff game! This board would be insane right now if they went out like this again haha. This loss hurts but they still have a ton of time to get even better..Brady's timing with his receivers is getting back to normal, the D is lookin pretty good for the most part, some injured players will be returning, etc..I just wanna know what Belichick would of done differently if this was really a playoff game.

Re: Hey, atleast this wasn't a playoff game

Man, if it makes you guys feel better, atleast this wasn't a playoff game! This board would be insane right now if they went out like this again haha. This loss hurts but they still have a ton of time to get even better..Brady's timing with his receivers is getting back to normal, the D is lookin pretty good for the most part, some injured players will be returning, etc..I just wanna know what Belichick would of done differently if this was really a playoff game.

What would BB do different if this was a playoff game? I think he coaches every game the same...he coaches to win everytime he steps on the field.

I guess it's better to get all the mistakes out now than in the playoffs. Just ask the 07 Giants or 08 Cardinals. Right guys!...:(

No, the reason this board isn't going insane is because the server went down at about the time we started the collapse.

No, the reason this board isn't going insane is because the server went down at about the time we started the collapse.

Wonder why...:rolleyes:

As bad as this game feels, it's only the 3rd loss. This team is still very capable of wining 12 or 13 games. All that matters is how we are playing coming January. As for this talk about this game as an important "test", sure, it is, but the result doesn't matter all that much. The important "test" comes January. The really important test, if we can make it that far, is the "Final" in February. The point of this "test" is to see where we are at and make the proper improvements.

Honestly, had the defense held up and we won this game 34-21 or 34-28, it might not have given the team the correct sense of reality. Getting beat like this really could be a blessing in disguise. They got the breaks in the regular season in '07 and thus some of their play in some close wins didn't look as bad as it actually was... and we all know how that season turned out. This could be for the better. Being the best team in week 10 means nothing, it's who is the best after week 17.

Huh...weird. I could have sworn that the Patriots had just been eliminated from playoff contention and the season is a failure.

Has a team ever lost a tough game and came back to win the Superbowl? Never, right?

Last edited:

While we should have come home with a W, I was thinking that to try and beat Indy twice in the same year was not going to be easy. True, it we make it that far we will have to go back there but it's still a very winnable game. While both teams were beat up, we'll have Warren and Green back next time.

That was a playoff game , it cost us home field advantage, and probably a first round bye..

That was a playoff game , it cost us home field advantage, and probably a first round bye..

Yea, but now they can go on the road for the playoffs. I figure the Pats are due for a couple of road wins...right?:rolleyes:

That game brought up all the '06 AFCCG feelings again, but they subsided when my wife talked me off the ledge and I remembered we have the Jets at home this week.:D

Can't win on the road says a lot. That is where they will be come playoff time - on the road.

Yea, but now they can go on the road for the playoffs. I figure the Pats are due for a couple of road wins...right?:rolleyes:

That game brought up all the '06 AFCCG feelings again, but they subsided when my wife talked me off the ledge and I remembered we have the Jets at home this week.:D

This is 06 regular season redux. Lets hope the team can recharge the emotional batteries enough to take out the Jests.

Sure felt like a playoff game to me with a chance to move into a strong position for a first round bye and maybe get a shot at home field advantage.

Can't believe I still feel annoyed from the lost this morning :mad: Oh well, let's hope we meet them again in the playoff and beat them!

It's not the worst thing to have to go back to that stadium. It's quiet in there. Imagine if they had the roof open.

this is the only good thing about this day...yes...it was not a play-off game but this L is huge...

i thought the game was over...

bad day

It's not college football, this doesn't end the season. Yes it makes the path tougher - quite a bit tougher in the deep AFC; it may ultimitely cost us in the playoffs. But if we beat the Jest and Fins over the next few weeks we'll still have our chance.

I agree. It makes things alot tougher, but all in all it's not the end of the world. We just have to step up next time. Game could've gone either way, we lost by one in their place and they needed some major breaks to do it.

The bye is not out of reach. Cincinatti is for real but they can be knocked off by pretty much anyone just like Denver. 12-4 could still get us a bye IMO.

The bye is not out of reach. Cincinatti is for real but they can be knocked off by pretty much anyone just like Denver. 12-4 could still get us a bye IMO.
Bye or not, all these teams can be beaten. We should have beaten Denver, should have beaten Indy. Cincy doesn't scare me. Now, of course, should haves won't win playoff games but it's not like we were outplayed. We can win those games, we'll just likely have to win one extra and do it on the road.

According to one website, even had the Pats won, the Colts would still have been the odds-on favorites for HFA anyways.

Bye or not, all these teams can be beaten. We should have beaten Denver, should have beaten Indy. Cincy doesn't scare me. Now, of course, should haves won't win playoff games but it's not like we were outplayed. We can win those games, we'll just likely have to win one extra and do it on the road.

True but with how snakebitten we've been lately it's a huge difference having to win just 3 rather than 4. Other than that, I totally agree we should be able to beat all these teams (and I don't imagine whoever coming from the NFC being any different).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back