PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hello silly way how I became a Pats fan for life

Guts

Akatsuki
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It was 1996 I was 5 years old the year the Pats went to the superbowl against the Packers we were all watching the game in the living room and I can remember saying that team with red and blue thats my team and ever since then I have been one all because of the colors lol IDK if that's bad but I find it silly anyways I'm from Cali and I'm constantly posting in the ESPN comments against the Pats Haters providing statistical information and what not.

Welcome to the boards!!!
:welcome:

Statistical information! Eggscellent...

Welcome from me too!

This Washington, DC vicinity native became a Patriots fan because:

1) All my childhood bullies seemed to be Redskins fans, so that team became a natural target for my suppressed anger (since bullies are everywhere, you could say it was an accident of geography - I suppose if I'd grown up in Boston I'd have become a Redskins fan :p)...
2) My most cherished respite from school, and its bullies, were summer vacations spent with my cousin/best pal in NH.

Eventually I found myself wishing that a team from NH would come down and crush the Skins*, but never bothered to follow the sport, under the mistaken impression there was no regional team.

Then came the fateful night in December 1985 when I idly flipped through the TV Guide and saw a highlight for a game between the Dolphins and... "WHAT? NE HAS A TEAM?!?!?" Though that game was a losing effort, I enjoyed it thoroughly, and I've been hooked ever since :D

*I haven't watched it since then, but I still have the recording of the '07 beatdown. As much as the story's end hurt, I can't bring myself to trash it. It was the fulfillment of a childhood dream, after all...

[Edit: I found a recap! Woot! :D http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...back-tony-eason-uwe-von-schamann-fuad-reveiz]

Last edited:
Welcome from me too!

This Washington, DC vicinity native became a Patriots fan because:

1) All my childhood bullies seemed to be Redskins fans, so that team became a natural target for my suppressed anger (since bullies are everywhere, you could say it was an accident of geography - I suppose if I'd grown up in Boston I'd have become a Redskins fan :p)...
2) My most cherished respite from school, and its bullies, were summer vacations spent with my cousin/best pal in NH.

Eventually I found myself wishing that a team from NH would come down and crush the Skins*, but never bothered to follow the sport, under the mistaken impression there was no regional team.

Then came the fateful night in December 1985 when I idly flipped through the TV Guide and saw a highlight for a game between the Dolphins and... "WHAT? NE HAS A TEAM?!?!?" Though that game was a losing effort, I enjoyed it thoroughly, and I've been hooked ever since :D

*I haven't watched it since then, but I still have the recording of the '07 beatdown. As much as the story's end hurt, I can't bring myself to trash it. It was the fulfillment of a childhood dream, after all...

[Edit: I found a recap! Woot! :D ]Dolphins Kick Away Patriots - Chicago Tribune

Shut up and give me your lunch money :p

FedEx is full of morons!

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back