PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hello San Diego...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched it again we were very lucky in this one.

True, but champions always find a way to win. In my opinion one of the best playoff victories in Patriot history.

True, but champions always find a way to win. In my opinion one of the best playoff victories in Patriot history.
I can think of better super bowl victories but not a better playoff win. I think it has to rank as the best. Altough the 1985,and 2000 wins against Oakland are very,very close

Last edited:
Well when we get crushed this season by them, we will know where the karma came from.

martybath.jpg

Don't do that I am paying almost $4.00 dollars a gallon over here.

Having watched it again we were very lucky in this one. Brady did not play well. Tomlinson was pretty much unstoppable. The only thing that saved us was that for every dumb play we made the Chargers made one more. They bailed us out on a few occasions - the Troy Brown strip after Brady INT, the unnecessary roughness that gave us a first down. Their receivers couldn't hold on to the ball and Rivers played just okay.
I don't see that NE made nearly the number of dumb a s s plays we made.

I think it's clear that the Chargers will see a MUCH better team in Sept than the one the faced in January.
Yea, I hope we do. Rest assured we'll be better too. We're young and pretty damn hungry right about now. I sincerly hope we see your best. You're gonna need it.

What's sad was that the Chargers would have destroyed the Colts.

I'd rather see SD win the SB than the Colts.
Thanks for that. We believe that also. Last time we played the Colts we sacked PM FIVE times and dominated them. When's the last time that happened?

IMO the most improbable playoff victory of the Belichick era.

No way. I still don't understand why fans were so intimidated by the Chargers beforehand, and for some reason still are. The Chargers were marginally a better team than the Patriots last year.

I actually just watched the first half of this game yesterday and still found it amazing that we were only down 4 at the half.

I had a front row seat in the plaza (one up from field) and I couldn't count the # of Chargers fans that got in my face everytime they made a play. I had to keep it cool since I was with the wife and just gave props to them but man was I boiling inside for sure.

It was so sweet to witness the collapse possession by possession in the 4th quarter.

I would have rather had the Bolts beat down the Colts and then the Bears.

Indy and Denver need to be punished this year

I actually just watched the first half of this game yesterday and still found it amazing that we were only down 4 at the half.

I had a front row seat in the plaza (one up from field) and I couldn't count the # of Chargers fans that got in my face everytime they made a play. I had to keep it cool since I was with the wife and just gave props to them but man was I boiling inside for sure.

It was so sweet to witness the collapse possession by possession in the 4th quarter.

I was in the upper deck, and it was a pretty good mix of Pats/Chargers, maybe 40/60. The Chargers fans would jump up and down and pound their chests every time LT got a first down or the Patriots got stuffed on a running play.

But what really got them was when we started chants of "Marrrrrrrty! Marrrrrrty!". As much trash talking as the Chargers fans did that game, they knew he was their weak link -- and they would just sit there, muttering prayers for Marty not to screw up.

God wasn't listening.

As much as I love the Pats, we had no business winning that game. It was a perfect storm os sucking in the first half. They should have had a 17-20 point lead at halftime. When they didn't I said we had a chance. Once it got to the fourth quarter, the momentum was all ours. Great game though, and I agree they would have killed the Colts (as we should have).

I can't wait for the season to start.

No way! I'd still rather it go down the way it did! If anything, the loss to the Colts in the AFCCG probably helps our guys to become even more focused for this year! You would like to think that the Bolts would've thumped the Colts, but I don't buy it. Last year was Manning & Co's year. I hope he bought the DVD 'cause it's his one and only!:rocker:

As much as I love the Pats, we had no business winning that game. It was a perfect storm os sucking in the first half. They should have had a 17-20 point lead at halftime. When they didn't I said we had a chance. Once it got to the fourth quarter, the momentum was all ours. Great game though, and I agree they would have killed the Colts (as we should have).

I can't wait for the season to start.
I concur. I've watched the game 3 times and, ya, we were in control of the game throughout. You won because of our dumb a s s mistakes. It wasn't exactly as if we were clawing to stay in the game. And ya, we definitely would have thumped the Colts.

I concur. I've watched the game 3 times and, ya, we were in control of the game throughout. You won because of our dumb a s s mistakes. It wasn't exactly as if we were clawing to stay in the game. And ya, we definitely would have thumped the Colts.
good teams dont make dumb ass mistakes .

I would have said that before Tomlinson and Merriman and Rivers started bawling like little girls.

Now I'm glad it worked out the way it did. Much rather see Manning get the trophy than Rivers, even if the loss has resulted in the entire San Diego fanbase obsessed with the Pats to the point that they look at a week 2 matchup as their superbowl.

It still amazes me that Tomlinson could put on that display of petulance and call someone else classless

:bricks: Alot of dumb post !!!

If you truely believe that any offence can put up 10 points with 5.24 minutes to go in the 4th quater against the chargers or any defence can hold the chargers offence to 21 pts and in the 4th quater 3 and out to force them to hand the ball to the offence should really check their head......i forgot and the above 2 is possible because the charger team.:bricks: .

Some are justifying what if the SD did not commit this penality well what 2 plays are changed brady`s deep ball to jabbar which went through his hands in the end zone [No pts] and the short pass to watson by the goal line with no one in the front was made[field goal] we would have ended up with another extra 11 pts...now i want all the people explain this to plays and with the what if`s.

Last edited:

The Colts would have kicked SD's ***es up and down the field. The Pats played a perfect road playoff game that day, took the initial hit, kept it close, and won it in the end. It was just another case of SD choking as usual. When was SD's last playoff victory? 1994? Lights out.

Nice work with the pics,Born:rocker: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe