PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HE HE HE: Pats trade for DB Michael Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Pats made a trade with the Lions (draft pick) to get DB Michael Jackson Sr. Good measurables, 6’1” 210, ran a 4.45 at the combine and had a 40” vertical. Probably more of a special teams trade.

I hope this isn’t a BAD trade. BB usually makes out like a smooth criminal regarding transactions. I’m sure most of us remember the time BB traded for the likes of Cassius Marsh. I can only speak for myself, but it really doesn’t matter if he’s black or white. We all know they (DET) don’t really care about us..:D

If you want to guarantee at least a spot on the practice squad change your name legally to Jon Bon Jovi.

The guy has some really natural talent and instincts, physically and athletically looks the part. Remains to be seen if he can put it all together, but looks like he could potentially be a fit.

Bill Murray. Michael Jackson. That new Wolf kid in the GM office seems to be an 80's aficionado.

Last edited:
a real ball hawk that Mike Jackson.. nice

I am UMiami football fan & I can tell you this guy could play in college. Not sure why the light hasn’t turned on for him in the NFL (besides it being f’n hard). I like this a lot. Lot of upside; probably not star material but I can see solid back up in time; maybe 1-2 years depending on how fast he can develop. Get him some coverage packages this year if we get up.

Now we have MJ Sr., Myles Bryant, and D'Angelo Ross looking on the outside. The top 5 CBs are set in stone, with Justin Bethel a favorite for CB6 due to his ST skills. I don't think any of the three will make it to the team, but I do think the first two will find another team to play for.

Don't know much about him but seems like a no risk, potentially high upside move for a young CB with ideal size/speed combination and some familiarity with the Pats defensive system. Had the lowest passer rating (32.6) when targeted in ACC as a senior. They probably loved him on the draft and see him as a potential practice squad option, especially with the expanded PS roster this year.

I had a 3rd on him. Love his attitude, presence in press. Likes to bully but not solely, just physically, like getting his hands on you. He wants to stay tight at the hip, knock you around, reroute you. Someone compared him to JC on Twitter, I see more Talib, Browner mold. JC is looser and has better play speed and overall speed. He can move around and stay with his man. I think MJ at least at first is more assignment orientated. At least at first. Who knows I'm an idiot.

I thought MJ was a lot better at locating the ball. He showed really great awareness, timing & finishing ability. He's really clean off the line, tight/square generally good footwork. You don't want him chasing around crossers or fighting through mesh at the start. He had his most success imo at the line being physical & catch point/top of the route.

Again I'm not smart but obviously press. I think he'd be good in quarters, Cover 3 where he can work/shade an area and have a nice assignment to kill there before growing.

Definitely worth a 7th when he's our type physically & checks some athletic boxes we like.

Last edited:
The guy has some really natural talent and instincts, physically and athletically looks the part. Remains to be seen if he can put it all together, but looks like he could potentially be a fit.

haha i love how even his coach ran over to throw the giant gold chain on him after a pick

looks like a fun guy that his teammates and coaches enjoy, at least from the short highlight reel

Watched a little bit of his film and I think he’s bad, he’s bad, he’s really, really bad.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Could be worse, we could have traded for Michael Bolton.

Let's just call him Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye