PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Haynesworth sentencing; league & fan response; legal & NFL discipline (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Haynesworth sentencing & league response (merged)

I don't think it matters who he plays for, Goodell has been consistant in doling out punishment for the knuckleheads who get in trouble off the field. And I think it is a positive for the NFL.

I would not be shocked if he got the full 6 games for this incident. He still has the rode rage thing hanging over his head, if I am not mistaken - which could cost him more games. I'm sure this is a risk BB knew he was taking when he pulled the trigger on the trade.

Goodell's a clown, and taking players out of the lineup for non-football 'offenses' is not a good thing for the league. It's stupidity.

4 games most likely.Sucks big time.

Typically an assault conviction is no more than one game. But we don't know how Goodell will take Haynesworth's past history in effect.

18 months
x

Excellent. That's plenty of time, especially with the sort of things that are usually considered community service for athletes and celebrities.

Goodell's a clown, and taking players out of the lineup for non-football 'offenses' is not a good thing for the league. It's stupidity.

We'll just agree to disagree on this.

Think about this people

Alberto Magnus was a Skin when the offense took place, so why should the Patriots team suffer via a suspension? Let Albert be fined if appropriate which impacts him directly but why penalize a team that had no connection with the player at the time. Yes, I know that this is not how it's gone in the past.

-phil, the Pats homo

Big Ben was never charged let a lone pled guilty.

Ah, but he was tried and convicted in the NFL court. I'm not sure they care about the outcomes of that other unrecognized court known to the rest of us as "the legal system".

Big Ben was never charged let a lone pled guilty.

Big Al didn't plead guilty though. He pled no contest to a lesser charge, simple assault.

4 games most likely.Sucks big time.

That is going to be my assumption up until the actual decision is made.

Wait... so he pled guilty to assaulting a chick by sticking a credit card in her tits, and it’s the evil commissioner who is the bad guy if he suspends this dirtbag?

Do I have this right?

just let him play football. having him dominate at the line of scrimmage is a service to the New England community!

moreso than picking up trash anyway...

Last edited:

4 isn't even a huge deal. Week 3 is Buffalo, week 4 is Oakland. Week 5 is the big one, the Jets.

Braylon Edwards never got suspended for driving drunk...

Wild speculation here

Were Mr H to be suspended for 4 games as the Cassandras here lament, would that necessarily be bad for the Patriots?

Think this way. While suspending a player Goodsie allows the team to not count him against the 53. That way the Pats benefit by keeping one of their many new or young front 7 on the squad for furthur live bulets evaluation. Then a rested and healthy Albert joins the team while BB either cuts the worst defender or IRs him with a serious case of turf burn. Not exactly a bad scenario.

Braylon Edwards never got suspended for driving drunk...

Beat me to it. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Big Al didn't plead guilty though. He pled no contest to a lesser charge, simple assault.

I updated my post to reflect that, either way he was found guilty. And to me, no contest is a guilty plea with out having to man up and admit you are guilty.

It still doesn't change the fact that the prosecutor never charged Ben with anything, not even simple assault. To most observers who followed the case, it was obvious a back room deal was made with the family, why else would they all run to the Prosecutor's office and beg him not to file charges? My guess is Ben's bank account had a significant debit that day. But still Al was charged and Ben was not. And he still has to deal with the road rage incident.

Last edited:

it is possible that since the event occurred during the lockout, that he will not be suspended. I mean the guy was locked out, so his actions during that time need not be accounted for.

This also happened during the lockout and the league has yet to say whether they will be punishing players who got in trouble during the lockout.

from PFT:

It’s uncertain if Haynesworth could be suspended by the league. *In fact, it remains uncertain if any players that ran into trouble during the lockout will be suspended to start the year.

I think one of the reasons for Haynesworth missing practice is to keep him away from reporters and keep him off the public eye until this off the field and distracting matter was settled.

I would not be surprised to see Haynesworth out in practice tomorrow and I am expecting him to be on the defensive line against Detroit on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe