PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Haven't followed the team since the Super Bowl... catch me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this is probably annoying and not what many/most here are talking about, BUT I also hope it will be helpful to some others as well, who don't vigilantly follow the team during the offseason.

So, what are the juicy nuggets that I've missed? Who's gone, who's new, things to watch out for, possible surprises (+ and -), controversies, injuries, notable depth-chart battles, etc.

Thanks!

For starters, Brady still looks great!

LB David Harris was released by the Jets and we signed him immediately. It looks like he will play a significant role in our defense. Belichick loves him and he loves being here.

Brandin Cooks is gonna try to reprise Randy Moss's 2007 season.

Our better players left after the SB for other teams
Our top draft picks are injured busts
Our Free Agents suck
Our Free Agents are over paid
Our QB is old and at the precipice of a cliff

Just read a Biffins, et. al. post and you'll get the details

In other words, just like any other pre-season

Hey guys, I know this is probably annoying and not what many/most here are talking about, BUT I also hope it will be helpful to some others as well, who don't vigilantly follow the team during the offseason.

So, what are the juicy nuggets that I've missed? Who's gone, who's new, things to watch out for, possible surprises (+ and -), controversies, injuries, notable depth-chart battles, etc.

Thanks!
yNlQWRM.jpg

Our better players left after the SB for other teams
Our top draft picks are injured busts
Our Free Agents suck
Our Free Agents are over paid
Our QB is old and at the precipice of a cliff

Just read a Biffins, et. al. post and you'll get the details

In other words, just like any other pre-season

You forgot Kdog's proclamation that this years team does not have the cohesion or intelligence of last years team. Its obviously obvious.

Thanks!

Couple of things. Maybe you should... I don't know.....read the forum like everyone else?

Also, I think its impressive that you have been a member here for 13 years and have 2358 posts and up until today only 1 was considered really good or funny etc.

A hint maybe?

Thanks!
https://img.memecdn.com/******-gone-wrong-l_o_607506.jpg

We signed some really fun/interesting players.

Brandon Cooks is quite likely going to completely change our offense and we're all having visions of 2007 but finishing the job.
We picked up Lawrence Guy and Kony Ealy to help with our DL but sadly lost Nink to retirement. Ealy is the guy you say "He probably won't make the team" if you want to sound cool around here.

We signed Stephon Gilmore from Buffalo and he's looking good from what we've seen, we very likely have 2 true #1 corners which is amazing.

We brought in RB Rex Burkhead from Cincy who looked really good in preseason game #2. We also watched Blount leave for Philly and brought in Mike Gillislee from Buffalo but he's been on the shelf with a hammy, I think.

Some rookies or 2nd year guys who are standing out in preseason:

WR Austin Carr - looked sure handed and amazing in game 1, not much in game 2 as I think they gave more snaps to Lucien who got robbed of a fantastic catch in game 2 because of bad call that would have been challenged in the regular season, I think.

RB DJ Foster - Fumbled in game 1 but had a really solid game 2.

DL Adam Butler - Surprising us with some pocket collapsage.

Sadly we lost our top pick from the 3rd round Derek Rivers to a torn ACL. Deatrich Wise is also banged up.

Malcom Mitchell has been hobbled as well.

Jimmy hasn't looked quite as good, to me, as he did during the regular season but it's preseason so a lot of that is whatever. He took accountability for his bad plays from last week which is good.

Jacoby isn't showing much progress but this is hard for me to nail down because I think his decision making is probably improved but his mechanics are leading to a lot of high, riding fastballs and that detracts overall. If you want to get Patsfans Coolkid points say Jacoby is a waste or done for. Or when someone else says that you can call them racist, it's really a self-sustaining economy in that way.

I'll answer seriously:

Brady looks great
Cooks is the real deal and our receiving core, to the extent it needed it, has been reinforced
Gronk looks great
We've revamped RB and are looing good there with whats-his-name from the Bengals
People are worried about the DL
The o-line has looked a little shaky protecting Jimmy G
Butler had a bad game in the 2nd preseason game but we're not worried.
If you are going to opening night you better have a clown shirt and/or towel

That is all from here.

You forgot Kdog's proclamation that this years team does not have the cohesion or intelligence of last years team. Its obviously obvious.

Guess age has really caught up to me.

PS - If you're annoyed by a casual fan checking in and asking this question you need to get your head out of your ass.
Thank you. It is baffling to me how some people can be such pricks.

http://troll.me/images/******-superman/superpit-internet-rockstar-thumb.jpg

To be fair if we had a bunch of posts like these yeah, I'd see it. But we don't. And it's still not the regular season so it's not like front page thread real estate is in high demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes