PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has any BB-era former Patriot played better with another team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Has any former Patriot played better with another team?

Curtis Martin

You could make the case that his loss was the most painful in Boston sports history in the last 15 years.

Still ticks me off.....

You could make the case that his loss was the most painful in Boston sports history in the last 15 years.

Still ticks me off.....

Minus a Superbowl loss in recent years that will not be address

Minus a Superbowl loss in recent years that will not be address

Agreed. I should have said FA loss/departure....

Any championship defeats are of course, more painful.

Greg Spires
Dave Thomas
Robbie Gould

Potential candidates: Cassel, Watson

Asante is comparable to CuMar, they were already studs before leaving and just continued their high level of play elsewhere for more years.

He didn't start his career with the Pats, but was here early on.

Doug Flutie

Tebucky Jones?

Regarding Curtis Martin: the question asked by Whiza in the original post was in regards to players that left during BB's tenure. Martin left when Pete Carroll was the Pats head coach.

There's a much longer list for those that later played better elsewhere pre-Belichick. Steve McMichael would be a prime example for that discussion.

As for those that have left during the Belichick era, I can't think of any others that haven't already been named.

Regarding Curtis Martin: the question asked by Whiza in the original post was in regards to players that left during BB's tenure. Martin left when Pete Carroll was the Pats head coach.

There's a much longer list for those that later played better elsewhere pre-Belichick. Steve McMichael would be a prime example for that discussion.

As for those that have left during the Belichick era, I can't think of any others that haven't already been named.

This was the first name I thought of before I clicked on the thread and saw the BB limitation.

I was going to say Terry Glenn (he had two strong seasons with the Cowboys), but looking back at his numbers, he peaked in his rookie season. So he might just be a wash.

Asante Samuel, 22 INT's with the pats in 5 years 20 with the eagels in 3 years... how good would this defense be if him and seymour were still here

Before this season, Eagles fans wanted Samuel cut or traded. Samuel is the classic boom or bust gambler. He gets a lot of INTs, but his gambling style has him also give up a lot of big plays. On paper he was better, but I don't know if in actualality he was better with the Eagles than with the Pats.

Same thing goes with Ty Law who had 10 INTs with the Jets. Jets fans hated him because he got tons of holding and pass interference calls and got burnt quite a bit.

I don't really think Cassel counts, but yeah -- Ben Watson probably qualifies.

Watson is also like the ONE guy who has ever done better after signing with the Brownstains.

Dave Thomas, Matt Cassel, Ben Watson, Woody, and Asante Samuel jump immediately to mind. Since most of the SB-years players were past their prime by the time they left the Pats, it makes sense that there wouldn't be many, independently of the reasons that most people here are suggesting.

Irving Fryar, Jim Plunkett. lol

Asante Samuel doesn't count. The Eagles were trying to trade him last offseason.

Asante Samuel doesn't count. The Eagles were trying to trade him last offseason.

Because they severely overpaid him, mostly. Doesn't really change his on-the-field performance.

Before this season, Eagles fans wanted Samuel cut or traded. Samuel is the classic boom or bust gambler. He gets a lot of INTs, but his gambling style has him also give up a lot of big plays. On paper he was better, but I don't know if in actualality he was better with the Eagles than with the Pats.

Same thing goes with Ty Law who had 10 INTs with the Jets. Jets fans hated him because he got tons of holding and pass interference calls and got burnt quite a bit.

i do agree with you for the most part but i think we both know that jets and eagels fans are not right in the head lol

Randy Moss . . . oh wait . . .

Watson was highly productive post pats.

Greg Spires was much better with TB than with NE.

Ted Larsen-6th round pick in 2010, cut at the last second, and then he went and started 11 games for the Bucs. One of the rare young guys we've cut who did anything elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick