PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Happy Veterans Day!!!!

And a belated Happy 247th birthday to my beloved USMC! I had the privilege of celebrating some of them in Olongapo City PI during the 1980s, aka the Best Time to be a Marine, Ever...

Swing wit da Wing, Bruddahs! FTS! ALPMD!

And a belated Happy 247th birthday to my beloved USMC! I had the privilege of celebrating some of them in Olongapo City PI during the 1980s, aka the Best Time to be a Marine, Ever...

Guy in my org is a retired Lance Corp. 2 tours in Iraq. My company does not recognize today as a company holiday. I gave him today off.

Happy Veterans Day to all who served, god bless you and America!

Played golf with an old friend yesterday, who was a Viet Nam Marine, he came back pretty messed up. But somehow had a career on the police force, along the way (1986) he kicked the booze and finished his career. After retiring he became a psychotherapist helping others with PDST... now just plays golf.
We were talking and he said something interesting, will paraphrase: "People tell me how much they wanted to serve in Viet Nam and how guilty they feel for not serving". His response is always curt/maybe angry: "No you f..ing don't you have no f...ing idea what I saw, what I did and what I went through there, I would never wish that on any human being". Most Viet Nam Vets who were in country seldom share that much, over the years do not remember anyone talking about their time there.
I hadn't spent much time with him over the years as our paths diverged, I thanked him for what he did and how great it was that he kicked his drinking. Thank you D for your service.
Many of my peers dads served in WWII, many of them were pretty messed up. My dad was a brilliant engineer who was lead on torpedo projects, but over the years the booze caught up with him, he died young(59). We did not recognize PDST in those days, unfortunately.
I thank all vets for their service.. great job.

I was going to send my former marine nephew a gift, but found out that it's not legal to own a USGI Colt 1911. WTF is wrong with MA?
Can't really own a Glock too. There are other 1911 options though I think

I'm sure it still brings a "smile" to your face. :whistle:

Played golf with an old friend yesterday, who was a Viet Nam Marine, he came back pretty messed up. But somehow had a career on the police force, along the way (1986) he kicked the booze and finished his career. After retiring he became a psychotherapist helping others with PDST... now just plays golf.
We were talking and he said something interesting, will paraphrase: "People tell me how much they wanted to serve in Viet Nam and how guilty they feel for not serving". His response is always curt/maybe angry: "No you f..ing don't you have no f...ing idea what I saw, what I did and what I went through there, I would never wish that on any human being". Most Viet Nam Vets who were in country seldom share that much, over the years do not remember anyone talking about their time there.
I hadn't spent much time with him over the years as our paths diverged, I thanked him for what he did and how great it was that he kicked his drinking. Thank you D for your service.
Many of my peers dads served in WWII, many of them were pretty messed up. My dad was a brilliant engineer who was lead on torpedo projects, but over the years the booze caught up with him, he died young(59). We did not recognize PDST in those days, unfortunately.
I thank all vets for their service.. great job.

The same happened with my grandfather who fought the nazis in some of the worse fighting in North Africa and Italy. In these days, they called it "combat fatigue" and my grandfather never got the help or diagnosis he needed and almost drank himself into an early grave (destroying his first marriage in the process). Fortunately he married a very understanding woman who helped him step back from the brink and was able to die on his own terms.

The same happened with my grandfather who fought the nazis in some of the worse fighting in North Africa and Italy. In these days, they called it "combat fatigue" and my grandfather never got the help or diagnosis he needed and almost drank himself into an early grave (destroying his first marriage in the process). Fortunately he married a very understanding woman who helped him step back from the brink and was able to die on his own terms.
In many ways we are desensitized into believing war is some sort of glorious event where the US always wins, while they do often the carnage on both sides leaves an indelible footprint on a warriors soul and psyche. My dad was a WWII vet, who was a brilliant man who led the design team on the Mark IV torpedo, but guess all the horrors of war caught up to him as he retired early and killed himself(age 59) by excessive drinking.

In many ways we are desensitized into believing war is some sort of glorious event where the US always wins, while they do often the carnage on both sides leaves an indelible footprint on a warriors soul and psyche. My dad was a WWII vet, who was a brilliant man who led the design team on the Mark IV torpedo, but guess all the horrors of war caught up to him as he retired early and killed himself(age 59) by excessive drinking.

They carry the war inside them for the rest of their lives.

This is why I hate the glorification of veterans, the flyover ********, and the flag waving crap. All that wasted money should be funding the VA so that every one of these veterans have all the help they need.

They carry the war inside them for the rest of their lives.

This is why I hate the glorification of veterans, the flyover ********, and the flag waving crap. All that wasted money should be funding the VA so that every one of these veterans have all the help they need.
You hate that crap because you’re a weirdo. You can appreciate the veterans with “the flyover ******** and the flag-waving crap” while still wanting veterans to get better care. Those two choices aren’t mutually exclusive unless you have some sort of bias you need to serve.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back