PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski now 99 overall in Madden

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lol'd hard at Manning being 99.

I wonder if his rating goes down in Madden when you play a meaningful game, or a game in the cold

That would be the most realistic Madden yet
In Manning's defense, he's excellent at providing the hand off to Moreno like he'll do in his one January game this season.

Claremonster said:
Fivehead isn't even close to 99...

99 rating but the ##### ain't one.

Regards,
Chris

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

It's funny cause in Madden, whenever I try to do a fantasy draft, it's impossible to get Brady because he's always taken by the 1st-3rd picks overall picks. I've tried to re-do the draft several times in hopes I would get one of the top picks to draft Brady but I was never able to. On the other hand, Manning was available several times in the late 1st round when I was on the clock.

Rob is the best positional player in the NFL. What I mean by that is, the gap between him and #2 is widest of any position in the league. At most positions there's a debate on whether who's the best or second or third best.

The tight end position's best is unquestionably Gronkowski, and it's not even close. Sans QB, Rob and Megatron are the two best offensive players in the NFL. Of course he's top-5.

The patriots are going to run gronk into the the ground if his playing style doesn't change. Outside of adrain peterson i don't think there's another player that takes as much contact as gronk and Just like any runningback, those hits will begin to take it toll on him.

Rob is the best positional player in the NFL. What I mean by that is, the gap between him and #2 is widest of any position in the league. At most positions there's a debate on whether who's the best or second or third best.

The tight end position's best is unquestionably Gronkowski, and it's not even close. Sans QB, Rob and Megatron are the two best offensive players in the NFL. Of course he's top-5.

I dunno, Jimmy Graham is pretty darn good. But it is clear that Gronk is integral to our offense. When he is playing well, we score lots of points. Even with that murderer gone, our offense is pretty good as long as Brady and Gronk are upright and healthy.

Still, our young receivers need to continue to step up. And Amendola and Edelman have really taken it up another notch as well.

Now if we could only solve Ridley's fumbling issues, we'd be set. :p

How is Madden on the PS4? I've had the urge to get a new Madden game but often have a change of heart. Keep in mind the last Madden I played was O8 with Vince Young on the cover.

The patriots are going to run gronk into the the ground if his playing style doesn't change. Outside of adrain peterson i don't think there's another player that takes as much contact as gronk and Just like any runningback, those hits will begin to take it toll on him.
So, the Patriots should just force him to retire then? I never understand this logic. Football players play football. Gronkowski is a high contact player. That's how he gets his yards and dominates at his position. Asking him to change his style of play for fear of injury is like asking to him to stop doing what makes him most effective. If you asked Rob himself to change his style, I guarantee that his response would be, that he will keep playing the same way he has been for the rest of his career.

I dunno, Jimmy Graham is pretty darn good.
If you're strictly talking about as a pass catcher, Graham is definitely up there. Unfortunately for Graham, being a TE is about more than just how good your hands are, or how high you can jump.

There's several areas that Graham is average-to-mediocre at, that Gronkowski is vastly to superior to him at. Namely, blocking. Based on this Madden rating system, I'd say Graham is the 70's as a blocker whilst Rob is in the high 90's in that area too. Based on a rating totality, IMO, if Gronk is 99, then Graham would be like around 90. There's a huge gap in between them as total football players.

So, the Patriots should just force him to retire then? I never understand this logic. Football players play football. Gronkowski is a high contact player. That's how he gets his yards and dominates at his position. Asking him to change his style of play for fear of injury is like asking to him to stop doing what makes him most effective. If you asked Rob himself to change his style, I guarantee that his response would be, that he will keep playing the same way he has been for the rest of his career.

Gronk going to break down if the pats don't take some work load of him.

:'(

10char

I didn't mean break down like that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye