PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk to retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great for him, but yeah, I am now worried about our receiver corps

TE is necessity plus now.

Also, I don't think it's too crazy to say that if we dont nail this draft, Brady will need to do his magic next season

Just got online and saw this on FOX news. Dayum.

Brady to Gronk always gave me flashbacks to Bledsoe to Coates.

Both sets were great to watch.

Gonna miss the big guy.

He's given enough of his body to this organization and its fans I'm not going to be disappointed that he took the time he needed to make the choice and I'm bumming that so many people are going right to this point.
Everyone should thank Gronk and be happy for him. Very few get to retire the way he did, with a third ring and the biggest play of the Super Bowl. Especially after a difficult season.

One of the greatest players to play for this organization.

Only chumps need WRs and TEs...certainly not the champs.

Never seen anything like him & probably never will. Dominated the league & reset bar for the position. Top 10-50 player from the day he entered the league, until minutes ago. Should run over the HOF like he did every opponent.

My memory of Gronk will always be him dragging a DB down the field.

Best of luck to him and I hope his injuries do not hinder him as he ages.

Good for him; sad for us. Thought you had one more year in you Gronk but totally understandable. I admit I am tearing up a little on hearing this news. Thanks for all the memories and the awesome plays!

Never seen anything like him & probably never will. Dominated the league & reset bar for the position. Top 10-50 player from the day he entered the league, until minutes ago. Should run over the HOF like he did every opponent.

Anyone expecting another Gronk in 2019 should temper expectations. Consider it a win if we find the next graham/Watson.

What exactly did he screw up ? If there was a move they really wanted to make they could have pulled the Gilmore restructure lever at any point since by now this kind of restructures are automatic.

I don't think they would have offered a lot more to keep Allen or to get Cook. The offense will change how it is run and if they make the right moves that is maybe a better thing then trying to recreate something with a lesser version of Gronk.

It is kinda surprising to me that people still think that Caserio, BB & co don't think ahead in situations like that.
Cook cited Gronk’s uncertain status when it came to why he signed with New Orleans over New England. Unless you think he’s lying, an earlier decision could have helped push him in another direction. But it is what it is. The decision coming this late did not help New England at all, but he’s earned that right.

Next man up!

Don’t take him seriously. He’s a complete moron. Gronk is first ballot.
Short career and not playing for Indy and Pittsburgh will def be held against him. He’s definitely in, hestitate to say first ballot because you can only have so many guys in a class.

Short career and not playing for Indy and Pittsburgh will def be held against him. He’s definitely in, hestitate to say first ballot because you can only have so many guys in a class.
Gronk is first ballot.

Gronk is first Ballot no question! It’s not even an argument- AT ALL.

Whoa

Link ?

I think he just falls short of the hof

This is the absolute worst post in the history of this site.

I award you 0 points and we are all dumber for reading this take

Damn...big loss. Gonna miss watching him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe