PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk leaving the door open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really want him to mentor the new TE(s)...so I hope he is back

if we play it safe during the season and ask him to block more so than run routes? so be it

Just a hunch, but think he returns.

Being slowed by injuries this year does not mean he would be slowed by injuries in the future. In the last 2 games when healthy he looked like regular gronk not a reduced version.
What do you think he should be getting in terms of a contract going forward after 2019 then if you don’t feel his health impacts his value? Top TE money for X number of years?

What do you think he should be getting in terms of a contract going forward after 2019 then if you don’t feel his health impacts his value? Top TE money for X number of years?
When did I say I don’t think his health impacts his value? I’m saying his lower production this year was a sign he was injured not a sign he has lost it.

Gronk should probably hang them up. Time to think about your long-term health brother.
He'll be missed but its completely understandable.

Bulging disks are no joke. If he feels it is time to retire I’d be happy for him. He knows his body better than anyone so whatever he decides is a good thing.

Late night Instagram post sure looks like he's hinting he might be back:

This seems like more than a hint.

The song/lyrics "Guess Who's Back?" are playing in the background.
The text "To be continued" at the end...

I think he agreed to come back for another year last night. With that said, it very well could just be Gronk making a drunken/emotional commitment -- one that he might not stay true to after a couple weeks.

When did I say I don’t think his health impacts his value? I’m saying his lower production this year was a sign he was injured not a sign he has lost it.
You suggested that “injuries this year does not mean that he will be slowed by injuries going forward”. So..I ask what you think is reasonable value for him should the Pats want to touch his contract/re-up.

Would it be crazy for Gronk to sit out the first half of the season and then come back healthy and rested? Have any other players intentionally done this?

The high ankle sprain he had this year will heal. No problem there.

But the disk problem in his back, that is a major problem.

Time for him to ride off into the sunset as a champion.

This year he showed just how great of a tight end he really is. No other TE could block and receive like him and his blocking was a big part of this offense success.

I think he'll retire. It's what he said in his first interview after the game. Something like Today is the celebration of my career or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back