PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk leaving the door open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between T.J. Hockenson, or Noah Fant, I could really see the team finding a decent long term replacement for Gronk with our 32 pick.

They could take a chance on a couple of mash units like Tyler Eifert and Maxx Williams. I am not against double dipping at the position either.

I doubt he will take the paycut that Belichick will demand. First ballot HOF player, it will suck to see him go.

If he calls it a career, it’s a hell of a way to go out. Wins the Super Bowl and makes the biggest, most clutch catch of the game to set the team up to score the winner. I wouldn’t blame him at all if he walked.

Can’t blame him if he wants to call it a career. Would love him back though on a deal appropriate to his caliber of play going forward. Just not sure a reduced role both play and financial wise is something he’d be interested in.
Being slowed by injuries this year does not mean he would be slowed by injuries in the future. In the last 2 games when healthy he looked like regular gronk not a reduced version.

Retirement would be a welcomed move for Gronk he's a shell of his former self. The Patriots need two solid outside Receivers. Edelman should be extented he can play until he's 35. That's said Gronks in good spirits this is the best way to go out he has his health.
Last 2 games, when healthy, gronk put up

18 targets 12 catches 166 yards
That is the equivalent of a season of 144 96/1328
NOT a shell of his former self.
He made the 2 biggest plays on the td drive that won the game.

He is still very viable and capable, just can’t expect him to carry the load the whole year, we will need to groom another TE since Allen will be mainly used to block.

One things for sure, this is a great draft to get his eventual replacement.

While I agree next man up their will never be another Gronk.

Nope, generational type talent. I’d be stoked if we found the next kittle since we failed to draft him ourselves SMH.

I'm hoping the obituary everybody has been writing him all season turns out just to be a one-year injury and the not the permanent breakdown of his body as most speculate.

(I don't believe it, but "hoping')

This is the healthiest Gronk ended a season in a while, so I’m hoping his body gets good enough time to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST