PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greatest SB Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to say Tom Brady to beat the Rams. :D maybe I am biased though.

Predictable is right. What a surprise. :eek::eek:

Unfortunately that doesn't make it incorrect. If I wasn't biased, that's probably the one I'd pick too. You know how I know it was an amazing drive? I still have nightmares about it.

Unfortunately that doesn't make it incorrect. If I wasn't biased, that's probably the one I'd pick too. You know how I know it was an amazing drive? I still have nightmares about it.

Yeah nightmares are only the beginning....

Until we win another SB, 44, that final 2 minutes will haunt every Pats fan.....

some mornings I wake up and its as if it just happened; then i think of the three rings we have and it hurts less. HERE COME NUMBER FOUR BABY!

Last edited:
Brady and Ben's should be above Montana's IMO(not sure in which order though, they are very close). Joe's was great but he had almost 3 and a half minutes plus timeouts.

Without looking at the link I and others responses I will try to predict the top five......

1.) Montana's great drive against the Bengals (super bowl XVI?)
2.) Giants final drive vs. Patriots (super bowl XVII) (even though it pains me to admit it)
3.) Steelers final drive vs. Cardinals (super bowl XVIII)
4.) Patriots final drive vs. Rams (not number 1 because it did not end with a TD, SB XXXVI)
5.) Patriots final drive vs. Panthers (Super Bowl XXXVIII)

I imagine the Bronco's drive featuring John Elway's run/helicopter spin will be in there somewhere as well.

Without looking at the link I and others responses I will try to predict the top five......

1.) Montana's great drive against the Bengals (super bowl XVI?)
2.) Giants final drive vs. Patriots (super bowl XVII) (even though it pains me to admit it)
3.) Steelers final drive vs. Cardinals (super bowl XVIII)
4.) Patriots final drive vs. Rams (not number 1 because it did not end with a TD, SB XXXVI)
5.) Patriots final drive vs. Panthers (Super Bowl XXXVIII)

I imagine the Bronco's drive featuring John Elway's run/helicopter spin will be in there somewhere as well.

after looking I did not do too shabby. I think the Patriots final drive vs. the Panthers should get more credit, but after rethinking it, I agree with the writer of the article that the Pats should-have-been-final-drive in Super Bowl 42 was better.

Nothing beats Eli's eighty six yard drive, not even close.

Stepping away from the situation personally, that drive was the most amazing series of events in Super Bowl history considering what was on the line, how it occurred and who was involved.

The writer is an idiot. There are multiple QB's on that list where if they didn't score a TD they would have lost... not just who he has at #1

Eli threw 3 picks on the final drive and got the luckiest play of all time....he didn't do anything special. Just a few no calls like in the grasp and holding on Seymour...

For Brady or Montana's drives, they will show those drives in entirety because they truly were special. They will never show Eli's drive because it was ugly, he was nearly intercepted a few times, and even his golden play was off a non holding call.

what eli manning did is overrated imo. i don't think him getting out of the grasp of seymour and jarvis green was that amazing. seymour and green had him only by the jersey - not enough to be a sure fire sack. it was tyree that made that drive. he should have been the super bowl mvp since he had the big catch and scored a td. eli just got the mvp because of his name.

what eli manning did is overrated imo. i don't think him getting out of the grasp of seymour and jarvis green was that amazing. seymour and green had him only by the jersey - not enough to be a sure fire sack. it was tyree that made that drive. he should have been the super bowl mvp since he had the big catch and scored a td. eli just got the mvp because of his name.

If that's what makes you feel better. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, either.

I just think that had the roles been reversed and the Patriots made a play like that, well, I'd be watching the highlights over and over and over and over again. Unfortunately, this superhuman effort(s) went for the other team and flat out make me want to throw up.

Someone please stop this thread. It makes my stomach turn reading about "that game" and I was beginning to work out my issues with my therapist. I think this thread set me back a few sessions......:mad:...here comes the anger thing again...

Last edited:
Not sure how a drive that ends with a missed field goal (Bills/Norwood) can be considered a top 10 in SB history.

and a pass that silenced once and for all the Big Ben doubters.
Oh how I beg to differ.

TB in 36 and it's not even close. Eli should have lost because A) we were held hardcore and B) he was sacked.

Brady and Ben's should be above Montana's IMO(not sure in which order though, they are very close). Joe's was great but he had almost 3 and a half minutes plus timeouts.

I won't debate the drive; it was impressive and should be up with the best. Considering the circumstances and the effort, the catch by Holmes was easily the best catch in Super Bowl history...and I hate the Steelers.

Eli threw 3 picks on the final drive and got the luckiest play of all time....he didn't do anything special. Just a few no calls like in the grasp and holding on Seymour...

Agreed ....it was more that a comedy of errors and MANY NON calls allowed Gomer and the Gints to come back on us........He shouldn't even be in the same category with Brady and Montana........

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes