PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greatest Plays of the Patriots Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
3)Edelman’s Catch - the one on the SI cover of the greatest SB comeback ever

As fun as the Edelman catch was, it was only first down? So while Edelman's catch was certainly memorable, I think Hogan's third down conversion earlier in that drive was far more crucial (when the Pats were backed up against their own end zone).

Of course, if you are selling that Edelman's play was also spectacular because it broke up a 'would be interception' I guess I could buy into that too.

Troy Brown to Antwan Harris lateral on the blocked FG

5 is too short a list

The entire 2nd quarter of the buttfumble game is the greatest football-as-comedy event I've ever seen.
I actually think people make too much of the buttfumble itself (though it of course was funny).

The entire sequence is so much better. Idiot Bart Scott gets torched on the wheel route to Vereen for the TD. Then the Jets have a few plays culminating in the buttfumble. And then on the ensuing kickoff the returner fumbles the ball into the air and right into Edelman's hands who catches it in full stride and scores a TD.

I was in tears of literally uncontrollable laughter after the Edelman score.

And I actually think the best part of the buttfumble play itself actually isn't when Sanchez runs into the OL and fumbles. It's when, while he's down, Sanchez is starting to push himself back up with his arms and sees the NE DB pick up the ball with a clear lane for a TD and Sanchez just gives up and goes back to lying flat on the ground. You can practically see his soul leave his body.

I actually think people make too much of the buttfumble itself (though it of course was funny).

The entire sequence is so much better. Idiot Bart Scott gets torched on the wheel route to Vereen for the TD. Then the Jets have a few plays culminating in the buttfumble. And then on the ensuing kickoff the returner fumbles the ball into the air and right into Edelman's hands who catches it in full stride and scores a TD.

I was in tears of literally uncontrollable laughter after the Edelman score.
Some of the most bitter losses in team history came against the Jets, particularly seasons like '66, '79 and '08, all of which knocked us out of the playoffs.

But beating them has provided some of the sweetest moments in our history, it never gets old, and hating them is just so much damn fun!

As fun as the Edelman catch was, it was only first down? So while Edelman's catch was certainly memorable, I think Hogan's third down conversion earlier in that drive was far more crucial (when the Pats were backed up against their own end zone).

Of course, if you are selling that Edelman's play was also spectacular because it broke up a 'would be interception' I guess I could buy into that too.
So was the David Tyree catch. Pretty sure Giants’ fans rate that high

aaah, but now we are talking about games, not plays.

In that case, SQUISH THE FISH against a team that stopped our playoff runs more the 3 times

Some of the most bitter losses in team history came against the Jets, particularly seasons like '66, '79 and '08, all of which knocked us out of the playoffs.

But beating them has provided some of the sweetest moments in our history, it never gets old, and hating them is just so much damn fun!

aaah, but now we are talking about games, not plays.

In that case, SQUISH THE FISH against a team that stopped our playoff runs more the 3 times

The audio & video aren't synched at this time. We were down 13-3. The fans loved the call to go for it on 4th and one, but Grogan called time out. I have to credit Berry for this one.

When he came to the sideline, Steve asked, "Are you sure about this?"

Berry answered, "It's the perfect time for it."

So then everybody in the huddle looked at Greg Hawthorne, like, "You had better not drop it..."

So we lined up with Big House in the backfield, and when Mosi threw back the flea-flicker I said "Good decision! No matter what happens!"

We went on to win it, the last loss for the Dolphins until we squished them in the AFCCG, including them beating the Bears on Monday night in between.

Thanks for that trip down memory lane. Squish the Fish, I remember the bar I watched that at, long gone Chinese joint. (My current position as well). Old names and memories, Billy Sullivan at the end. No 1st down or scrimmage graphics, a lack of graphics for that matter.

And then THAT Superbowl.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes