PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great comeback story: Adrian Peterson leads NFL in rushing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nehalem

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With 775 yards after 8 games (96.9yds/game also top in NFL)

Amazing coming less than a year after ACL surgery.

Props to an amazing player

Last edited:
Although Manning is a lock to get Comeback Player of the Year, Peterson deserves serious consideration and in fact may deserve it more. Peterson is a big reason why the Vikes, who most felt were a three win team this year, is at 5-3 at the break.

With 775 yards after 8 games (96.9yds/game also top in NFL)

Amazing coming less than a year after ACL surgery.

Props to an amazing player

Quite a comeback. And by the way, Ridley's 716 yards look pretty good too. Fourth in NFL.

Although Manning is a lock to get Comeback Player of the Year, Peterson deserves serious consideration and in fact may deserve it more. Peterson is a big reason why the Vikes, who most felt were a three win team this year, is at 5-3 at the break.
IMO All Day's comeback has been more impressive. He's running with venom and is almost back to his vicious best.

Quite a comeback. And by the way, Ridley's 716 yards look pretty good too. Fourth in NFL.

Meh! As Jets fans correctly pointed out after last year's draft, the Pats wasted a third rounder on Ridley when they could have gotten a stud like Billal Powell in the fourth. I thought the Jets fans were crazy back then, but I think Powell's 131 yards (3.9 YPC) and no TDs this season speak for themself.

Last edited:
Meh! As Jets fans correctly pointed out after last year's draft, the Pats wasted a third rounder on Ridley when they could have gotten a stud like Billal Powell in the fourth. I thought the Jets fans were crazy back then, but I think Powell's 131 yards (3.9 YPC) and no TDs this season speak for themself.

Mel Kiper himself called the Ridley pick a reach. What could be more clear?

2011 NFL draft: Grades were better this year in Mel Kiper's draft grades, with Detroit and Cincinnati taking honors - ESPN

Its harder for a RB than for a QB to comeback.

Somehow, I always feel better when Mel says it's a reach.

If you had asked me if AP could come back and be effective a runner this season, I would have said...maybe by the end fo the year. Medical science must really be getting better at these and AP certainly must have performed his rehab to perfection. A credit to his mental toughness.

I'm not trying to take anything away from AP or Wes Welker or any of the other recent cases where someone has come back from this type of injury, but maybe the ACL tear isn't as critical to a players career or chances to bounce back quickly as it used to be. With the progression of modern medical procedures and all, it seems that these types of quick recoveries are becoming more commonplace in pro sports. Kudos to AP for what he's doing, though. He's one of the best backs I've ever seen.

I'm not trying to take anything away from AP or Wes Welker or any of the other recent cases where someone has come back from this type of injury, but maybe the ACL tear isn't as critical to a players career or chances to bounce back quickly as it used to be. With the progression of modern medical procedures and all, it seems that these types of quick recoveries are becoming more commonplace in pro sports. Kudos to AP for what he's doing, though. He's one of the best backs I've ever seen.

We all thought Welker was amazing for coming back so quick.

But Peterson is arguably having a career year after coming back :eek:

I picked up All Day in the fourth round for my fantasy team

Concussion is the new ACL, as far as threatening a career, though this seems to be more a problem in Hockey. Wonder what that says about the NFL concussion policies still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back