PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Bleacher Report article on James White

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheenix11

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I haven’t seen this posted, forgive me if it’s a repost but this article was excellent. James White has become one of my favorite Patriots and after reading this article it’s clear why he fits in so well here.

The Perfect Patriots Playoff Weapon: James White Is Ready to Take over Now
The Perfect Patriots Playoff Weapon: James White Is Ready to Take over Now

Little excerpt (much more at the link)

That is not the case with one running back in New England. The guy with the ordinary name and ordinary game chipping away at defenses one shimmy, one shake, one seven-yard gain at a time. James White is easy to miss. For one, his locker is positioned immediately to the right of the entrance, so it's easy for anyone to stroll right by. White isn't big, nor ripped, nor Tarik-diminutive at 5'10," 205 pounds. He isn't a burner. His 4.57 in the 40 is a legit 4.57, and he has only four runs of 20-plus yards on his 203 career carries.

The player who has become so crucial to the greatest dynasty in modern sports is hiding in plain sight.

Stop at that locker, and he's ultra-polite, ending nearly every sentence with a hearty chuckle. His Twitter handle begins with "SweetFeet" and his nickname as a kid was "Smiley."

He's not crafting a personal brand like so many other modern athletes. No, he'd just as soon hang with his wife at home in the burbs and open his phone each morning to read a Bible verse as spend time on that.

Then, you look up and see the numbers. Through 15 games, White has 1,107 total yards and 83 receptions, and on Sunday, he scored his 11th touchdown of the season.

Nice find. Pretty amazing that White has never fumbled in 447 NFL chances. No wonder BB loves him.

I think he fumbled maybe twice in his 4-year college career.

Honestly, when he is involved, the offense seems to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back