PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gramatica In Cold Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
MoLewisrocks said:
I could just as easily say you misrepresented your entire premise from the outset because the stats you were referencing - from an article you apparently wrote yourself - were not backed up by the appropriate game dates in one case, your concept of what constituted cold weather was beyond ridiculous by Patriot standards in 5 of the 9 instances you originally cited (the very first game you cite had a gametime temp of 58 degrees), and you can cherry pick stats 'til hell freezes over and they aren't going to make a guy with 10 or 12 total career cold weather attempts out of 179 total attempts over 6 years a cold weather kicker. Particularly when the one he missed cost them a division title in regulation on the way to a road WC loss. And in the 5 sub 40 degree games you citeTampa went 2-3, and the only game among those in which Gramatica made the winning kick was a onesided 15-0 shutout against the Bears where each of his 5 kicks averaged just about 31 yards. Around here lately the anti-Vinatieri faction routinely labled those pressureless chip shots any decent kicker should have made.

You and I are just going to have to agree to disagree where Gramatica's perception is concerned. Wouldn't be the first time I am sure, and likely won't be the last. Be my guest on the last word while your at it. ;)
As for the game I cite, it said also in the report the temperature dipped during the game down into the 40's. Its your opinion that 40 is the cutoff. I used 50. Big deal. I remind you they wouldn't even have been in position to win that one game he actually had a miss in (the one miss you can cite) if he hadn't kicked into the teeth of a wind on a very cold day a few minutes earlier.

Yeah, good argument. Tampa went 2-3 in the games you concede were cold weather. But Gramatica was 11-12....so its his fault? Too funny. And he was 15-18 in games I consider cold weather. Either way, he was good. And he was an All-American kicking at cold weather Kansas State in college.

The most humorous thing is you stated in your first post was that my research wasn't worth anything because you found 2 other misses. When challenged on that, you admit you were wrong and counted kicks by some other kicker (after some prodding and trying to avoid the misstatement for a few posts). Then when you get caught saying he only kicked in 3 cold games (an arbitrarlily arrived at reconfiguring of appropriate temperature to suit your point) when it was in fact 5, you say, well I went by your list which you had started out by saying was inaccurate!!! So your defense was you followed an inaccurate list (which in fact wasn't inaccurate....another funny error by you)? You are amazing. I think you've decided this thing all by yourself with your circular nonsense and horrendously flawed ability to be accurate. Thanks. Good luck.

J D Sal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results