PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good news on Scott?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go easy on The 12th Man, folks. Once he's issued a copy of the Belichick-English dictionary, he'll be up-to-speed.

It figures that Guregian wouldn't know the difference, either. She's been at the Herald for how many years, and has yet to write a story of insight, either as a beat reporter for the Ruins, or as a general columnist.

How about being cautiously optimistic??? I remember in 04 when Bailey and Flemister had achilles injuries in camp...first day and they were on IR ASAP. I think the fact that that hasn't happened is good...but I will be more optimistic if this week goes by and no IR.

At this point, a player can lose an arm in the pile and BB would list him as day to day.

Ah Bill at his best...Training camp, preseason, season or playoffs, it doesn't matter...don't tell your competition anything.

Go easy on The 12th Man, folks. Once he's issued a copy of the Belichick-English dictionary, he'll be up-to-speed.

It figures that Guregian wouldn't know the difference, either. She's been at the Herald for how many years, and has yet to write a story of insight, either as a beat reporter for the Ruins, or as a general columnist.

She is totally clueless.

Having bashed Jackie M, there's no doubt she's a sports reporter when she wants to be.

Guregian's work always reads like what would happen if Sue Ann Givens had to cover the sports desk at WJM.

How about being cautiously optimistic??? I remember in 04 when Bailey and Flemister had achilles injuries in camp...first day and they were on IR ASAP. I think the fact that that hasn't happened is good...but I will be more optimistic if this week goes by and no IR.

Yessir, Stan!
You said it.

Scott is day to day...and Tomase pushed him again on it...I mean PLEASE..does he not get it?? Some may say he's a good reporter...I think the opposite...Felger light.

Scott is day to day...and Tomase pushed him again on it...I mean PLEASE..does he not get it?? Some may say he's a good reporter...I think the opposite...Felger light.

You mean to say that a a high ranking official of a high-profile organization was talking to the press and obviously saying far less than he knew about a situation, and a reporter actually pressed him for more information!?

I'm shocked and appalled. Really. What a douche.

You mean to say that a a high ranking official of a high-profile organization was talking to the press and obviously saying far less than he knew about a situation, and a reporter actually pressed him for more information!?

I'm shocked and appalled. Really. What a douche.
I think when some reporters do that and know the deal, they are just being ****s..OR maybe they wish to just show that more...which I think they did. Give a listen if you like to Tomase near the end of the press conference.

Don't know if this was mentioned already (and I apologize in advance if it has), but looks like Chad Scott will be OK.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Even in the preseason BB would never divulge the extent of an injury... that can have consequences on signing other CBs (not like we've got anyone we're trying to sign at CB) or in the free agent or trade market, keeping info away from other GMs to whatever extent possible.

While no one's fooled about Scott's injury appearing serious, the question would remain - is he done for the season? Back in Oct.? Back for the playoffs?

BB wouldn't divulge that and hence, "day to day" is going to be the status for as long as possible.

I think when some reporters do that and know the deal, they are just being ****s..OR maybe they wish to just show that more...which I think they did. Give a listen if you like to Tomase near the end of the press conference.

From what I've heard from/about Tomase, I'd imagine it's an issue of journalistic integrity for him -- you don't stop asking questions that you have a right to ask just because your subject continuously refuses to answer them. It might sound pointless, but really, it's an issue of not letting the subject control the scope of its own press.

Just because a subject doesn't want to answer certain questions doesn't mean they shouldn't be asked. You might not get your answers, but if you don't ask, and force the subject to address the issue, even with a "no comment," the number of subjects that you don't get answers on will only grow.

Just because a subject doesn't want to answer certain questions doesn't mean they shouldn't be asked.
Yeah, once. Asking the same question over and over is just stupid.

From what I've heard from/about Tomase, I'd imagine it's an issue of journalistic integrity for him -- you don't stop asking questions that you have a right to ask just because your subject continuously refuses to answer them. It might sound pointless, but really, it's an issue of not letting the subject control the scope of its own press.

Just because a subject doesn't want to answer certain questions doesn't mean they shouldn't be asked. You might not get your answers, but if you don't ask, and force the subject to address the issue, even with a "no comment," the number of subjects that you don't get answers on will only grow.

I think tomase realizes he'll never get access like Riess so he might as well be a jerk.

I mean BB's being a jerk to an extent, but it's good to be the King applies here, I'd say.

I really couldn't care less as long as he writes pretty good articles unlike the Globe "Borges wannabe" vermin.

I have no problem with "integritry"...but to me he sounded like a whiny teenager ober his head..more a **** than anything close to great journalism. The press in Boston is filled with whiners and hacks...and while he has sometimes come up with some interesting stories, he also falls far short at other times.

Pardon me for departing from the conversation whether it's wrong for reporters to ask questions . . . .

What would be consequence or advantage of putting or not putting Scott on the IR? Does it free up space for someone else to come to camp or affect any cuts that are coming in the future. (As is probably obvious, I'm not that familiar with the important July and August dates and what happens.)

I guess what I'm asking is whether there are dates on which the fact that Scott is or is not on the IR would become some significant information.

As for whether the Patriots will give relevant information on Scott, I would think that given the Samuel situation the likelihood of misinformation is greater than accurate.

From the PC...Tomase and BB...from the Tomase/Breer blog

{Bill, how’s Chad Scott?}

“He’s day-to-day.”

{When you say day-to-day, can we take that to mean he has not been diagnosed with a serious injury?}

“No. He’s being evaluated on a daily-to-daily basis.”

{Just because day-to-day sounds like he could be back tomorrow, I don’t want to misread it …}

“Some players that are day-to-day come back the next day, some of them don’t.”

Just to get the record straight on what was said..what was answered...

Wasn't Harrison referred to as "day to day" for a couple weeks after he shredded every tendon in his knee?

No, those were ligaments. ;)

Pardon me for departing from the conversation whether it's wrong for reporters to ask questions . . . .

What would be consequence or advantage of putting or not putting Scott on the IR? Does it free up space for someone else to come to camp or affect any cuts that are coming in the future. (As is probably obvious, I'm not that familiar with the important July and August dates and what happens.)

I guess what I'm asking is whether there are dates on which the fact that Scott is or is not on the IR would become some significant information.

As for whether the Patriots will give relevant information on Scott, I would think that given the Samuel situation the likelihood of misinformation is greater than accurate.

Well if he's on IR he's gone for the year...that simple. And you are right, given the Samuel situation, that he is playing CB replacing him so to speak, is very important leverage. If he is out for teh year, I would think Samuel's agent is smiling..putting him in a better position. If he'll be back, it will lessen his position some. I really have no problem with BB not giveing any info about him. Makes perfect sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back