PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GM Bill cheaps out AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, but, but... Felger says all we have to do is restructure a bunch of contracts to push the money into guaranteed deals next year and we'll have unlimited space! It's that easy, right?
Felger! Unbelievable that you even mention his name!

Isn't there a moderator who can close and move this sorry excuse for a thread. The original post has absolutely no merit and 40 responses making fun of the original poster and debunking his assertions is a waste of band space, and the valuable time of the people who felt forced to participate.

END THE INSANITY!

Mayo, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Solder & Vollmer are his only above average players picked by BB in the last 7 years.

McCourty? Mankins? Chung?

And forget Free Angency, his only big splash was Adalius Thomas, and he pretty much sucked.

His big splash FA signings have been guys like Tom Brady, Vince Wilfork, Logan Mankins... I can see how that would be disappointing.

I know that BB is a god and can do no wrong. And I know that he can turn cow sh!t into roast beef, but as a GM he sucks.

He entered today with about $16M in cap room, could probably make more room by restructuring a player here and there, yet he is allowing the jewel of the FA class to sign in Buffalo? What is up with this guy?

The Pats lost the Super Bowl last year because GM Bill let the team down. He started a player on the corner in the Super Bowl whom he had released twice. His deep threat was a special teamer and his defense allowed the Giants to drive the length of the field AGAIN in the final two minutes. Coach Bill had maybe the best year a coach has ever had in the NFL, got an 8 and 8 team to the Super Bowl and should have won it had his reciever held on to the ball when it hit him in the hands, but none of that matters. The Giants were the better team that day, and all of last year.

There are times when you have to spend to win, and this was one of them. Bufalo will have a great defense next year, they will be a threat to win the division and may beat the Patriots twice next year. I am not saying he would have signed with the Patriots over Buffalo, but he probably would have at least considered it. GM Bill is penny wise and pound foolish. He thinks he is smarter than everybody else, and he probably is, but this defense sucks and it will again next year unless GM Bill decides to purchase a little help.
Medication.....Never post with out it :nono:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results