PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gillette Stadium moving back to Natural Grass?

The science on the plastic additives in synthetic turf is done. It contains a handful of long lasting chemicals that reduce IQ and fertility, and contribute to cancer, obesity, diabetes, and very likely to autism. This is only "debated" at this point because of vested financial interests trying to hold on to their profits, using he same playbook as industry used for tobacco, lead, asbestos, and many more.

Nobody should be playing on that stuff, especially in the heat.

Electricity is $.10 less a kwh in Wisconsin than Mass. In fact, only (understandable) Hawaii (38.15) has a significant higher kwh rate than Mass's 25.59. So that might be one reason Krafty doesn't want grow lights. Grow lights pull a large amount of power, in fact most police departments have an agreement with the local electric company to notify them if a property has a ridiculously high bill, because it usually means it's a grow house.

I can’t image 0.10 more per kwh would really make too much of a dent in a $300,000,000 football team budget.

The science on the plastic additives in synthetic turf is done. It contains a handful of long lasting chemicals that reduce IQ and fertility, and contribute to cancer, obesity, diabetes, and very likely to autism. This is only "debated" at this point because of vested financial interests trying to hold on to their profits, using he same playbook as industry used for tobacco, lead, asbestos, and many more.

Nobody should be playing on that stuff, especially in the heat.

Players aren’t eating the turf…

They will soon outlaw grass here out west. Many people are already installing artificial turf in their yards. Great for the kids and pets?

Players aren’t eating the turf…
It breaks down and becomes fine particles.

And yes players eat the pellets

They swallow them when they kick up into your mouth, but a bigger concern is when the pellets break down, which they do, into fine particles. Dust size

They will soon outlaw grass here out west. Many people are already installing artificial turf in their yards. Great for the kids and pets?
Why would they do that?

Why not just let it go?

In Oklahoma the people just live with yellow dead grass lawns

What's wrong with that?

Why would they do that?

Why not just let it go?

In Oklahoma the people just live with yellow dead grass lawns

What's wrong with that?
We do that too. Back to prairie. Weeds are bad though. Ever stepped on a goat head?RNmOlCA9_j3f5BE1FmwMTvQNrXy9dIX4bBDkrd_fSjs.jpg

It breaks down and becomes fine particles.

And yes players eat the pellets

They swallow them when they kick up into your mouth, but a bigger concern is when the pellets break down, which they do, into fine particles. Dust size

Never had that problem when I was playing. Dont recall ever eating a single particle of anything. It was college turf, but similar manufactures.

Never saw any "dust" kicked up on a turf field either.

Dermal contact and inhalation are more than adequate.

Have a study to back that up?

The CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) says studies show no elevated health risk from playing on the turf and while the individual rubber/plastics may be carcinogenic when ingested, players dont usually eat the turf.

The EPA pointed out that the same turf material substances (fill) are used on childrens playgrounds.

Never had that problem when I was playing. Dont recall ever eating a single particle of anything. It was college turf, but similar manufactures.

Never saw any "dust" kicked up on a turf field either.
If you're running around a football field, I doubt you see dust or pollen or anything light suspended in air, but those particles are light enough to float when the crumbs break down.

Then there's just straight accidental swallowing of the bigger crumbs like the face full this guy gets:

1655593899771.png

Can't water your grass because dry

Can't play on turf because eat

Just cancel sports

Some would because fear

Electricity is $.10 less a kwh in Wisconsin than Mass. In fact, only (understandable) Hawaii (38.15) has a significant higher kwh rate than Mass's 25.59. So that might be one reason Krafty doesn't want grow lights. Grow lights pull a large amount of power, in fact most police departments have an agreement with the local electric company to notify them if a property has a ridiculously high bill, because it usually means it's a grow house.

cheap

/CHēp/

adjective

1. the complete vocabulary of a low-priced parrot.

considering it's today's NFL populated by 90% Rastafarians...I think they SHOULD go back to a natural grass playing comprised of Kentucky blue grass, perennial rye grass and Jamaican Blue Mountain sinsemilla ....play four quarters of football and then kick back after the game with a few splifs rolled out of cleat clumps...get an early start at recovering for the next game

Should never have gone away from it
Animated GIF
like our logo

Just like Phil Elliot (played by Nick Nolte) did during the opening scene of North Dallas 40, while soaking in his tub...
You know, back in the day we were one of the youngest teams in the league, and with Hog & Grogs we just ran all over people on that concrete slab in Schaefer. Yeah it was a home advantage.

With Tom, he was just a precision machine. The FieldTurf helped us.

It was like having Esposito in the old Garden with the small ice surface. Teams started the game down a goal already.

And the Celtics were familiar with the crevices and dead spots on the old parquet floor.

That said, I totally prefer grass all the way.

.Like I said, it's about money. Kraft also goes to strip malls for you know what, so let's not pretend he goes all out all the time with the cash.

The cost is higher, maintenance, etc. That's why I asked about the rumors of the Revs stadium in Boston. I could have sworn there was a rumor about him building a separate, smaller soccer stadium, which would help this process.
I once asked Steve Nelson about the logo.

He said, "It's all about the money."

I swear the Patriots' profits from souvenirs, apparel and merchandise would triple if they reinstated PP.

It's complicated.

I think that at one point, the majority of Revolution fans thought that way. There was a long stretch of time when the Revs were either last or 2nd-to-last in league payroll, they practiced on fields where players would semi-regularly find rocks and broken glass, they largely operated out of a cramped corner of Gillette Stadium, and they "shared" a significant number employees with the Patriots. Basically, the Krafts operated the team as if it was something they had to do in order to be in the good graces of the US Soccer Federation, who controlled scheduling and venue locations for larger soccer events.

My understanding is that while RKK likes soccer, it's actually the next two generations of Krafts that are really passionate about the Revolution. And as a result, the club has come a long, long way over the past few years.

They've moved into their own $40 million team headquarters/practice facility down the street from the stadium, most of their employees are dedicated solely to Revolution-related activities, and they're now right around league average in terms of payroll. In the past few years, they've spent fairly large amounts of money to bring in the best dang coach in league history, and they allowed him to spend millions in transfer fees on the likes of Carles Gil, Gustavo Bou, and Adam Buksa. They also started their own reserve team, Revs II, and hired professional coaches for their youth academy as a way to supplement their player development program.

And the Krafts' investments in the Revs are starting to pay off. This is the best Revolution team I've ever seen. They're 17-4-4 with 9 games left in the regular season, and are heavy favorites to win the Supporters Shield, which is awarded to the team with the best regular season record in the league. Winning the Supporters Shield would be tremendously meaningful for a lot of long-time Revs fans, such as myself.
He proceeded to do exactly to the Revs what Orthwein did less than a year before Kraft bought the Patriots. The original, established, attractive, sport-appropriate logo in which they did some winning including several appearances in the MLS title game has been replaced by something created in London that is drab, sad, dull, lifeless and empty.

Grow lights on wheels... lmfao
I was waiting for that! Hahaha!

Gillette is FAR from the only field that gets trashed in bad weather/too much abuse, nevermind the summer concert damage, which I guess bothers soccer boys more...not that IGAS about that even the slightest bit.

If it weren't for MASSIVE GREED, this wouldn't even be discussed.
Bah, Krafty should take a ride to Fla and re-think things.
But Bob wasn't cheap when it came to someone/something he actually cared about

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back