PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ghost and Welker get the Pro-Bowl Nod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
has an 87 passer rating, is first in completion percentage
You realize an 87 rating places him 15th in the NFL right ? And his completion percent is largely because he's 21st in YPA.

Oh baby, the Pats always do well in the post-season when they have low Pro-Bowl numbers! :woohoo:

===================================================

I don't know about that.

Haynesworth, Jenkins, and Shaun Rodgers have had excellent seasons, Sure it is debatable, but not a snub.

Debatable is putting it mildly.

Congrats to Welker and Gostkowski. Well deserved.

Brett Favray made it over Rivers.... that is embarrassing for the league. Cassel should've even been ahead of Favray.

Rivers does not belong. Not that Favre does either.
But its all rep. Cassell has flat out better numbers that Manning, and the only difference in records is a Dave Thomas stupid penalty, with Indy playing better D.

Favre has had a terrible year. Take away his 6 TD game against Arizona when they kept handing the Jets the ball deep in their territory and he has basically averaged 1 TD and 1 int per game. I have watched the majority of the Jets games this season and all he does is throw 5 yard dump offs. He has played well maybe 4 times the entire year. The Pro Bowl has always been and will always be a complete farce so I do not get too worked about about it but picking 7 Jets is beyond ludicrous:

I would of took Pennington over Favre, Rivers also.

Favre was a sure pro bowler three weeks ago.

Still, he is 4th in the AFC in TDs, has an 87 passer rating, is first in completion percentage, and is leading the highest scoring offense in the AFC. All the other additions aside, he is leading a 4-12 team to first place in the division with two games to go.

Who did not see this coming?

doesnt he lead the league in INT too ? Cassel has been better than favre IMO.

Nobody in Jets-ville disagrees about Favre. A few weeks ago, after the Titans game, he looked about as worthy as anyone but Manning, but he's been pretty bad since then. Chalk it up to what we call the John Lynch factor. Lacking anyone with overwhelming stats, the fans vote for the names they know. And honestly, it hasn't been much of a year for QBs other than Brees and Warner even they've cooled down lately while Manning seems to be heating up. Still, this one was a gift.

Cassel has had those 2 monster games but overall, his season stats don't really stand out in the AFC and I had no idea but...44 sacks? That's surprising since it's over twice as many as Brady had in 16 games last season. Is it more Cassel or the OL?

More buletin board material, betcha a few guys will play pissed this sunday.. maybe Rodney will stop by to remind them.

win 4 more games, then lose and the Pats send one more --- the coach. This season hat would be a damn good accomplishment.

and he benches favre in the pro bowl along with faneca and jenkins :rofl:

Brett Favre makes Pro Bowl?? Blech.....

How the hell did Favre make the freaking Pro Bowl?????? I'm sure you'll be shocked to hear this, but he leads the NFL in interceptions.. 21 TD's and 17 picks.. big deal.. Is Peter King the only one voting for Pro Bowlers this year? I can't believe it.. I think our man Cassel is more deserving than Favre.. That is making a sham of a mockery of a farce of the NFL.. :eek::eek::eek:

Man, Rivers not making the Pro Bowl would be a disgrace if the Pro Bowl wasn't already a disgrace.

Re: Brett Favre makes Pro Bowl?? Blech.....

Little homerism, but I agree. I'd put Pennington in before Favre.

Cassel doesn't belong in the Pro Bowl more than Favre. Favre plays on a worse offense. He is a better QB than Cassel. Rivers should have been there instead. The Pro-Bowl is a popularity contest anyways.

Not sure how anyone can justify Rivers not making it. I don't like the chargers, but he and Manning have been the best QBs in the AFC this year.

Last edited:

No argument from me. I think if Brady had the exact same stats as Cassel he'd be in over Favre. But that's the Pro Bowl for you.

Troy Aikmen "Sporting News" had Favre the favorite for the MVP 2 weeks ago.

Believe it or not Skip Bayless (1st & 10) gave Favre credit for the Jets defensive touchdown that won the game.
He said that these are the things that happen when Brett Favre is on the team.
The Karma is gone in Green Bay because Favre is in New York.

Favre is also reported to have swayed the thiefs decision to return the
baby Jesus to the St Patricks Cathedral Nativity scene.

Is their any truth to the rumors that Favre and Varitek are related?

Last edited:
that is such a joke about Farve, I dont really care about the pro bowl.. Farve is a farce and the game now is offically a joke.. He has done nothing in the last month,.... The game is a big joke, glad for Welker and Ghost, but I wont be wathcing.. And Farve will bow out anyway..

===================================================

I don't know about that.

Haynesworth, Jenkins, and Shaun Rodgers have had excellent seasons, Sure it is debatable, but not a snub.

Wilfork not making it is the biggest snub in the league.

Rogers has not been there a couple games. He's been good, but he has also laid down on the job.

This is Vince Wilfork's best season in the league.

Last edited:

Believe it or not Skip Bayless (1st & 10) gave Favre credit for the Jets defensive touchdown that won the game.
He said that these are the things that happen when Brett Favre is on the team.
The Karma is gone in Green Bay because Favre is in New York.

:wha::ugh: :nooo: :confused: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore