PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Getting to the game from maine

Status
Not open for further replies.

festy1986

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
So. I'm having a bit of a impulse to buy a ticket off of one of those outrageously priced second hand sites.

However if I do this I'll be going alone so I wanna hitch a ride with a bus or train or whatever. I've never been so I don't know the access to the actual stadium.

Anyone else have any ideas on best way to get to portland to the game if you wanna avoid the driving and just have a good time?

So. I'm having a bit of a impulse to buy a ticket off of one of those outrageously priced second hand sites.

However if I do this I'll be going alone so I wanna hitch a ride with a bus or train or whatever. I've never been so I don't know the access to the actual stadium.

Anyone else have any ideas on best way to get to portland to the game if you wanna avoid the driving and just have a good time?
I believe the commuter rail goes from South Station to Gillette. So you could take the train from Portland to North Station then take a taxi or walk to South Station. I'm guessing the buses from Portland would go directly to South Station so that would probably be your best bet assuming schedules would line up.

Take the bus or train from Portland to South Station, then take the Patriot train: MBTA > Riding the T > Trains to Gillette

Just keep in mind the train back to South Station after the game leaves fairly shortly after the game ends. Don't know that you'd be able to stick around to see the Pats victory presentation.

I believe the commuter rail goes from South Station to Gillette. So you could take the train from Portland to North Station then take a taxi or walk to South Station. I'm guessing the buses from Portland would go directly to South Station so that would probably be your best bet assuming schedules would line up.

Getting to the game isn't really the hard part. It's getting home.

I'm thinking my only option is really to either stay down there or find a round trip bus. All services from Boston ends around 10 and I don't know if that changes for circumstances like this one

Take the bus or train from Portland to South Station, then take the Patriot train: MBTA > Riding the T > Trains to Gillette

Just keep in mind the train back to South Station after the game leaves fairly shortly after the game ends. Don't know that you'd be able to stick around to see the Pats victory presentation.

Do you know if the amtrak or other services extend their schedule for returning portland residents on occasions like this

Do you know if the amtrak or other services extend their schedule for returning portland residents on occasions like this

I don't believe they change their normal schedule back to Portland, and I don't think there are buses back that late either. Might be worth staying in Boston for the night and taking an early train / bus back on Monday AM, if you can do that.

I don't believe they change their normal schedule back to Portland, and I don't think there are buses back that late either. Might be worth staying in Boston for the night and taking an early train / bus back on Monday AM, if you can do that.

I'll look into it. Thanks

You want to use Concord Coach. their last bus leaves South Station at 11:15pm. You can park safelyin Portland at the Concord station (it's also where Amtrak leaves). Take whatever bus down gets you in to catch the train to Gillette. It's a nice ride down to Boston. They show a movie, and you have several channels of music to listen to, but bring a pair of ear buds.

Portland < > Boston & Logan Airport | Concord Coach Lines

@festy1986

Some of these past discussions and links may (or may not!) be helpful. From what others have said the biggest issue with the train is timing (arrives just before kickoff (or later) and leaves immediately after game ends).

Getting To/From Gillette Stadium Question

AFCCG... Getting there: Train vs. Driving

Transport to Gillette Stadium + Tailgate questions

first visit | New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

Advice on what fans making their first visit to Gillette can expect

You want to use Concord Coach. their last bus leaves South Station at 11:15pm. You can park safelyin Portland at the Concord station (it's also where Amtrak leaves). Take whatever bus down gets you in to catch the train to Gillette. It's a nice ride down to Boston. They show a movie, and you have several channels of music to listen to, but bring a pair of ear buds.

Portland < > Boston & Logan Airport | Concord Coach Lines

But how do you get back from the game to South Station in time to get that bus? How long does it take and do we know when the game is expected to end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News