PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get your popcorn ready

I just went on his twitter and he probably scrubbed it. Zero mention of this at all. Or do you mean somewhere else.
It’s in an article at CSN. Multiple people here read it.

So who's the snitch in the QB room then. There are only 2 suspects and 1 has a history of being a coaching dipsh-t.

Sometimes several other coaches sit in on those meetings.

For example Scar used to sit in on the QB meetings.

If you are in the business of trying to find the snitch, you might want to look at the 3rd QB.

Maybe the WR coach?

Let’s just look at the “Cam is a great guy” narrative. Cam played in college for Urban Meyer (before getting kicked off) and in the pros for Ron Rivera and Bill Belichick

Cam has stated he’d be fine being a backup. And despite his limitations, I think he’d be an ideal backup who is at least competent if needed.

So, why is it that all three coaches have treated him like he’s radioactive at the prospect of him being the backup, when teams would usually get in bidding wars for a solid veteran, former MVP, who is still decent? And no other team even wants to consider him. What does this suggest about his real, off-camera locker room presence?

This is the only time I’ve ever heard the bizarre excuse that no one wants a quarterback because he’s too famous to be a backup (like Edelman said). Isn’t that code for “this guy has a giant ego and will be a distraction?”
Cam is not, certainly wasn’t a good dude and not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

He was kicked out of the University of Florida because he stole a laptop from a fellow student. Then he painted it black and painted his name on it in white paint. When the police came to his dorm to arrest him, he threw it out the window!
He went and spent a year at Juco and did good. He committed to Miss St, rumored they agreed to “donate” 100k to his daddy’s church. Then Auburn came knocking with a 200k “donation”.
Cam never answered questions about this.
Maybe he has changed, but that’s where Scam Newton came from!

If you are in the business of trying to find the snitch, you might want to look at the 3rd QB.

Maybe the WR coach?
First 80 guesses don’t count.

Maybe the WR coach?
It all sounds to me like there might have been a light moment when Mac answered something differently than Cam, and proceeded to explain his reasoning, with Cam alternating between nodding, making goofy raised eyebrow faces, and breaking out big smiles (all the goofiness that makes him endearing to some but insufferable to others).

Then someone told someone of that moment, and that someone told someone else, and along the way the story got inflated and mangled so as to become the "hot take worthy" spin that everyone in social media chases after.

It all sounds to me like there might have been a light moment when Mac answered something differently than Cam, and proceeded to explain his reasoning, with Cam alternating between nodding, making goofy raised eyebrow faces, and breaking out big smiles (all the goofiness that makes him endearing to some but insufferable to others).

Then someone told someone of that moment, and that someone told someone else, and along the way the story got inflated and mangled so as to become the "hot take worthy" spin that everyone in social media chases after.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least

I'll just leave this here...as is.

Thanks. Ninkovich absolutely showed poor form and whoever supposedly told him that if the source isn't fake is just as toxic.

Am I getting this right..

Mac Jones had a 4.0 average - was on every honors degree. He graduated and got a masters degree in a pretty short time. Cam? Went back to Auburn to finish his degree in sociology. I mean guys its not racist to say that one individual white person is smart then an individual black person. Thomas Sowell is black and smarter then anyone on the Patriots, IMHO.

Anyway, It's hardly shocking that Mac would teach Cam about football. I am sure he could teach him a lot of other things as well. Mac is a very intelligent man. That's why the Pats drafted him. It wasn't his big arm or his 40 time.. Any coach can tell you some guys on teh team are smarter then others. Cam wasn't drafted because he was smarter then the other guys. He was drafted because he was way more athletic.

I'd be surprised if Mac didn't help. Mac seems like a nice guy - so he would help out his competition..

Don't let the race baiters control you. Wanna bet that some of the guards on the Chiefs get help from Mahommes?

Probably what happened and it's absolutely on brand for the perception of the region, nationally. Like I said, very dumb comment by Ninkovich.

Mac Jones had a 4.0 average - was on every honors degree. He graduated and got a masters degree in a pretty short time. Cam? Went back to Auburn to finish his degree in sociology. I mean guys its not racist to say that one individual white person is smart then an individual black person. Thomas Sowell is black and smarter then anyone on the Patriots, IMHO.

Anyway, It's hardly shocking that Mac would teach Cam about football. I am sure he could teach him a lot of other things as well. Mac is a very intelligent man. That's why the Pats drafted him. It wasn't his big arm or his 40 time.. Any coach can tell you some guys on teh team are smarter then others. Cam wasn't drafted because he was smarter then the other guys. He was drafted because he was way more athletic.

I'd be surprised if Mac didn't help. Mac seems like a nice guy - so he would help out his competition..

Don't let the race baiters control you. Wanna bet that some of the guards on the Chiefs get help from Mahommes?
Some players are academic midgets but are football savants.

See Lawrence Taylor.

I have it on good authority Ray Lewis is in that same category.

Then you have Ryan Fitz. He can fix 90% of the teams cap problems but still forces the ball in zone coverage

Maybe he has a bigger brain than Cam. Maybe it doesn't matter.

First of all highly doubt it. The fact Cam didn't have 2-minute snaps or no-huddle snaps, is that his fault or he's running what the OC wants?
Ninkovich is the one making the stupid crazy claim. Where do you think he heard it from? Or did Ninkovich totally make it up. There are only 2 other people in the QB room, Hoyer likely didn't do it so....

Secondly, aside from this absurd Ninkovich claim, whoever even said that to Ninkovich is a total piece of sh-t and basically not emblematic of what a championship organization does.
Someone in the Pats org is a total cancer.
Probably what happened and it's absolutely on brand for the perception of the region, nationally. Like I said, very dumb comment by Ninkovich.
Thanks. Ninkovich absolutely showed poor form and whoever supposedly told him that if the source isn't fake is just as toxic.
IMG_20210909_194517.jpg
Screenshot_2021-08-26-20-45-34~2.png

No idea who said what to whom or what is true and what isn't. What seems to be clear is that an organization that's a black hole when in comes to gossip and rumors, leaked stories in the last few weeks that painted Cam in a not so positive light.

Not sure who or why, but some had an agenda to build reasons (or excuses) for his release. It's whatever. Not sure why the forum spends soooo much time on a QB that played less than a season.

Cam getting a new deal with the Patriots shocked me much more than him getting cut. I know it was a low-risk deal, but it made no sense for the reasons you gave. This guy just ain’t it.

They were in a pinch last year, so signing him for pennies was fine.
i think signing him this year was kinda a "thanks for last season but no promises this year" deal... getting him some money on the back end of that ridiculously cheap "im desperate for a team" deal he signed in 2020

Last edited:
Gotta say, when he first got released, I started getting notifications for news about what's next for him, and I'd swat those away with a smile thinking "I don't care!" And I'd laugh and go on merrily with my day. Then day after day it's been a nonstop bombardment of articles about him everywhere I go. Even the links here on Patsfans.com are full of "what's next for Cam?" and "Cam says this and teases that" "

Hey, I wish him the best, but he's not on the team and didn't exactly enjoy a long and storied career in Foxborough. I couldn't care less what's next in his career.

Wasn't Damon Huard still on the team that season?
He was. I made the assumption that with no passing attempts he was the 3rd QB. Davey had 2 attempts.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back