Asking for your support

Which rookie binky/binkies have claimed you? [Choose all that apply]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
An annual PatsFans tradition . . . get claimed by your rookie binky/binkies here. [Sorry for putting Steuber and the UDFAs on the same line, but I only get 10 options. . . .]

As ayjackson once noted, you don't pick binkies. Binkies pick you.

Pierre Strong

All the players on offense. I expect Thornton to push for playing time and Strange to start.

I see posters thinking the RB’s will result in Harris getting traded, rather it means it’s the end for White.

Marcus Jones is could be intriguing on returns and packs a punch for his size. Him and Jack were taken for Jon Jones insurance as he always injured.

I see posters thinking the RB’s will result in Harris getting traded, rather it means it’s the end for White.
I don't know if people really understand how much of a serious injury White had. It's one thing for a QB to become mediocre with that hip injury....it's very different for an RB.

I'm thrilled if the first rounder plus 1 other (preferably a corner) turn into quality starters. Gimme 2 more solid contributors on top and it's all a massive success

As I sit here listening to some shmuck absolutely desecrate “Country Roads” at karaoake, I started to select a few that stood out, read some quotes below of the other new draftees with whom I’m not familiar, and realized thee kids are all close to realizing their dream. God bless them all and hope they all succeed here or elsewhere. It’s been a great few days for all of them.

Getting drawn to Sam Roberts. Grew up a Pats fan. A D2 ultimate underdog and a very good worker as a certified nurse’s aid at a local nursing home.
Yup.
Sam Roberts for me. Hope he makes the most of his opportunity.

6ejar1.gif

The more I hear about Tyquan Thornton the more I am intrigued by him.

To start he's a better WR prospect analytically than I thought. I assumed he was drafted based on speed but his production was underrated:

Baylor ran 60% of the time & had 203 passing yards per game. Thornton had 30% of the team's passing yards & 10 of the 23 receiving TDs. For comparison Chris Olave had about 20% of the team's passing yards & 13 of the 46 receiving TDs.

This is a productive player in a run first offense that shows the ability to beat press despite a thin frame. I think he is coming in with more than a raw prospect with rare speed.

In a draft without many WR1 type talents drafting a player that could project to an Fuller, Mooney, etc. type WR in the second round is a worth it IMO.

As I sit here listening to some shmuck absolutely desecrate “Country Roads” at karaoake, I started to select a few that stood out, read some quotes below of the other new draftees with whom I’m not familiar, and realized thee kids are all close to realizing their dream. God bless them all and hope they all succeed here or elsewhere. It’s been a great few days for all of them.
Go over there in a drunken stupor and wallop them the way John Denver used to do to people.

Gonna have to wait for the UDFA’s. Only then will I be able to make a truly informed obsession.

You think you get to decide? :)
Fixed it for him

I went with the first 2 rounds for this reason, but let's add everybody named Jones.

I want Strange to ball out all up and down the O-line and be so good that they are able to field a decent O-line regardless of injuries, something that was not there last year (i.e., they wanted more flexibility than existed,)

I want Ty Thornton (and Strong) to ridiculously improve our special teams, but I also want TT to finally bring us something we never see, a raw talent that just leaps onto the pro stage at WR. With Mac needing a tick or two less (2nd year), getting a tick or two more (optimism about Strange), and having potentially 2 burners on the field, I look forward to closing some of the gap between the "decent" Mac Jones and the elite of the league.

When the season gets closer we should do a "predictions" thread just to make us realize what morons we all are.

:D

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back