PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gase: "Cutler could play without practicing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only explanation for his persistence: Cutler has naked pictures of Gase.

AKA the "Jake Baquette" move

Maybe Cutler got into the cocaine the old coach left behind...I mean, he'd still be a little lethargic, but it would be better.

Does this mean that the "wild cat" will return?

I mean I could date a Victoria’s Secret model without being able to mutter a coherent sentence in her presence..but not exactly banking on that one.

He's nothing to worry about

Yea, what am I missing with Matt Moore that a few others seem to think would be a significant difference? If I recall he came in and had a couple of good TD drives against the Jets. I think he started the next game and was walked on by some mediocre team. He again has another fill in that was fair. If I recall he had a good PO game a few years ago but otherwise he hasn't started or seen any meaningful duty in when I can't remember.

The Phins have been failing on D for some weeks now (??some stat about 30 per game since beginning or middle of Oct) and they aren't scoring near that defensive average. So if the Patriots can't ultimately dismiss this Phins (even if they put up a good intra division fight) led by Cutler or Moore then the Patriots have been provided game film on a team/scheme flaw that has been overlooked/unrealized.

Yea, what am I missing with Matt Moore that a few others seem to think would be a significant difference? If I recall he came in and had a couple of good TD drives against the Jets. I think he started the next game and was walked on by some mediocre team. He again has another fill in that was fair. If I recall he had a good PO game a few years ago but otherwise he hasn't started or seen any meaningful duty in when I can't remember.

The Phins have been failing on D for some weeks now (??some stat about 30 per game since beginning or middle of Oct) and they aren't scoring near that defensive average. So if the Patriots can't ultimately dismiss this Phins (even if they put up a good intra division fight) led by Cutler or Moore then the Patriots have been provided game film on a team/scheme flaw that has been overlooked/unrealized.

I've sometimes thought that Moore could've become a decent, more consistent regular starter if he'd had better QB-coaching during the early part of his career in Carolina (maybe someone other than Mike McCoy, anyway), or maybe if the Panthers had stuck with him as their starter over Testaverde (age 44 in 2007), Jake ("The Snake") Delhomme (32), David ("Splat") Carr (who undoubtedly taught Moore how to take a lot of sacks), Josh McCown, Jimmy ("Pickles") Clausen and Brian St. Pierre.

Anyway, after four seasons in Carolina (including spending 2008 on the bench - but NOT on IR - with a broken leg), he's been the backup QB in Miami for seven years. That's kind of remarkable in itself, considering that his coaches have included:

2011 Sparano/Bowles HC, Daboll OC
2012 Philbin HC, Sherman OC, Zac Taylor QBs
2013 Philbin HC, Sherman OC, Zac Taylor QBs
2014 Philbin HC, Lazor OC, Zac Taylor QBs
2015 Philbin HC, Lazor/Zac Taylor OC
2016 Gase HC, Christensen OC
2017 Gase HC, Christensen OC

Over that time Moore is 8-8 with a QB rating of 86.9. Over that same period, the 'Fins as a team are 49-57.

He was 7-6 in Carolina while the team went 17-31 during Moore's 3 seasons active.

@maineman209 did a nice job to summerize Moore's JAGesque career. He's an unspectacular backup. Nothing more.

Trash head coach, trash team...

@maineman209 did a nice job to summerize Moore's JAGesque career. He's an unspectacular backup. Nothing more.

"Coulda been a contenda!" ;)

JAG or not, it seems like both Carolina (at the time) and Miami, might have been at least marginally more successful by sticking with Moore as a starter for longer than they did. Which says more about the lack of quality of the QBs they brought in to start ahead of him than it says about Moore's abilities (or lack thereof).

Moore is significantly better than "Pickles" ever was. :)

I wonder what gase's obsession with Jay cutler is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes