Game Thoughts: We're Goin to the Ship! We're Goin to the Ship! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here we go:
  • Tom Brady vs. Mike Tomlin: 22 TDs 0 INTs An MVP performance by the best QB of all time.
  • Terry Bradshaw is right. Mike Tomlin is just a cheerleader. The guy knows that his zone defense makes it like shooting fish in a barrel for Brady and he still trots out that same zone. No wrinkles. No deception. Easy pickings for Brady.
  • Hogan brings a certain something that this team hasn't had in a while. He is alway open. He runs great vertical routes. That said, his hands were mediocre tonight. Juggled a lot of balls even on big plays. Gotta work on that.
  • This defense gave up 9 points (I ain't counting that garbage time TD and two point conversion). Turned a first and goal at the one into a fourth and goal at the seven. When are the haters and contrarians going to give them credit and stop talking about the schedule? They have shut down whatever offense they have faced since midseason.
  • I think the Logan Ryan haters should finally stop the biatching. Sure he made a few mistakes tonight (nothing costly), but he also made some really big plays. He is a solid CB. Sure he struggled early this season. But he has been solid for at least 8-9 games now.
  • I felt the Pats could take knees on first and second down because the soft zone the Steelers played on third and longs were almost like they were routing for the Pats to convert the third down. It was too easy at times.
  • Wasn't a fan of the zone defense the Pats employed in the first half. When they manned up on the receivers, they shut down Roethlisberger and the Steelers offense. When they moved to the zone, they gave up 9 points.
  • People are going to say losing Bell is a big reason the Pats shut down the Steelers' offense, but the Steelers weren't doing anything on offense before he got injured and I think the Pats would have happily given up some running yards.
  • One thing I didn't get is they consistently took Trey Flowers out on third downs. Probably part of the reason the Steelers had some success on third downs tonight.
  • The o-line was awesome in pass protection tonight, but they sucked until late in the game on run blocking. Gotta work on that for two weeks from tonight.

I said one time that fans would still ***** if the Patriots won 34-10 and sure enough they were *****ing that the D sucked at 33-9

Not much to add to your observations.. most if not all seem spot on.

Hogan brings a certain something that this team hasn't had in a while. He is alway open. He runs great vertical routes. That said, his hands were mediocre tonight. Juggled a lot of balls even on big plays. Gotta work on that.

I thought his hands was one of the knocks on Hogan back in Buffalo. If he'd had soft hands I am not sure any sane team would let him go. What an amazing find by Caserio, BB & our scouting team.

Logan Ryan and Malcolm Butler has now become the best CB tandem in the NFL with Denvers.

Hogan brings a certain something that this team hasn't had in a while. He is alway open. He runs great vertical routes. That said, his hands were mediocre tonight. Juggled a lot of balls even on big plays. Gotta work on that.

Yep, I've also noticed he juggles the ball a lot. Has done it often this season. Don't think he can change that any time soon. Good thing that the end result is a catch far more often than not.

I could swear the Steelers were wearing special eyeglasses that made Hogan invisible. Either that or he had some sort of Star Trek like cloaking device installed. It was just crazy!

Defense has been unbelievable all year.

Ive always been a Ryan fan and would gladly over pay SLIGHTLY to keep him. The guy is physical, great tackler and very rarely out of position. He's really doing a great job in the slot. Letting the play happen, technically sound.

Keep Butler, Ryan, Rowe, DMC together.

Same for Branch. Keep him, Brown Flowers and Sheard or Long together. Branch really is the unsung hero of this defense.
1.8 yards while he was in on 18 plays I believe. He anchored, out-waited Pitt and shed his man many times. Wilfork would be proud.

Butler is the man. Pay him.

That stop after the James catch was huge and game changing. Showed a ton of heart and toughness.

Oline played great. Shaq has played 2 games all year w/out allowing a pressure and they've been the last 2 games.
Him and Andrew played great.

Edelman is a beast. One of the toughest guys to ever play. He could play in any era. Honestly who has caught more clutch passes in big games than him? On 3rd?!?

I can't wait to see Hogan in the SB. Add Bennett to that. Lets get our guys healthy!

Tom Brady is the best QB of all time.

Bill is also a cut above.

One thing I didn't get is they consistently took Trey Flowers out on third downs. Probably part of the reason the Steelers had some success on third downs tonight.

This was part of the reason:

Ill point out that Andrews played very well today, so everyone is going to change their mock drafts ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes