PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent DB Jonathan Jones Won't Be Tagged

Bryant played a lot of snaps on special teams and defense. Plus he can back up multiple positions

If he's back at the right price, I don't see them cutting bait.
Bryant also plays within all of the schemes. Good team player. But his lack of athleticism completely exposes him at times, usually critical times like 3rd down. I hope we can find a more athletic replacement.

Bryant also plays within all of the schemes. Good team player. But his lack of athleticism completely exposes him at times, usually critical times like 3rd down. I hope we can find a more athletic replacement.

Me too, but even if there's a better more athletic replacement, I believe Bryant will be kept for depth instead of someone like Wade or Bledsoe.

Someone needs to get those compromising pictures of BB from Miles Bryant because that's the only reason he's still on the Team. :rolleyes: Of course the opposing QB's in our division especially Josh Allen would disagree.

I agree. Jo Jones, Ma Jones, Ja Jones, Witherspoon/Gonzalez/Porter, and a 4th or 6th rounder. Still have Mills and maybe DMac or a FA safety. Hopefully Myles Bryant doesn't make the 53.
We whine about Bryant.

He is a Belichick type of bottom of the roster inexpensive utility player. He is our 6th CB, backup returner, and special teamer. Everyone think that we can just plug in a 6th rounder of UDFA to replace him in all these roles as an active player. I don't think that this is true.

We whine about Bryant.

He is a Belichick type of bottom of the roster inexpensive utility player. He is our 6th CB, backup returner, and special teamer. Everyone think that we can just plug in a 6th rounder of UDFA to replace him in all these roles as an active player. I don't think that this is true.

That is fine. As long as he is not on the field for critical 3rd downs over and over and over again. Are you a defender of Jordan Richards too?

We whine about Bryant.
...because he sucks.

689 defensive snaps last year is sheer madness.

Way, way too much time on D. He should pay like 100 snaps on D- max

We whine about Bryant.

One thing that I do appreciate about Bryant: I rarely have to say “Who the f*ck was the DB on that play?!” because he usually gives us a great view of the name and number on the back of his jersey, as he tries to chase down the WR who just burned him for another big play or critical first down. Saves me from having to rewind the play.

He showed some promise as a rookie and is a tough, underdog-type of player for whom you want to root but over the last two years he has made me want to pull hair out that I can no longer afford to lose, whenever he is put in a position to play significant snaps on D.

...because he sucks.

689 defensive snaps last year is sheer madness.

Way, way too much time on D. He should pay like 100 snaps on D- max
If we have better and healthier CB's at #1, #2 #3, #4 and #5, then he will get very few reps, probably less than the 100 reps that you suggest.

TOP FOUR
So, we have Mills, Jack Jones, Marcus Jones, and Johathan Jones (or his replacement) as our top four.

[some of you want Marcus Jones on Offense. He is much more needed on Defense and on Special Teams]
[some of you want to move Mills to free safety [we need him at CB]
==========================================
AND THEN?
We have Wade. who has shown nothing.
Bryant is an RFA, who is also a returner.
Williams is still around and is an UFA.
We need a couple of more to compete with the above. We especially need a nickel back.

We should sign both Bated and Chauncey Gardner Johnson and watch OCs pull their hair out.

If we have better and healthier CB's at #1, #2 #3, #4 and #5, then he will get very few reps, probably less than the 100 reps that you suggest.

TOP FOUR
So, we have Mills, Jack Jones, Marcus Jones, and Johathan Jones (or his replacement) as our top four.

[some of you want Marcus Jones on Offense. He is much more needed on Defense and on Special Teams]
[some of you want to move Mills to free safety [we need him at CB]
==========================================
AND THEN?
We have Wade. who has shown nothing.
Bryant is an RFA, who is also a returner.
Williams is still around and is an UFA.
We need a couple of more to compete with the above. We especially need a nickel back.
Agree 100% . Need serious upgrades and mover cover guys on the back end.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back