PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Frank Clark: Patriots Dynasty Dead...Chiefs "New Dynasty"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. Probably only two dynasties in NFL history then? Us and the 49ers (barely). And unlikely to ever have one again given the salary cap era.

The only true NFL dynasties of the Super Bowl era are Green Bay (60s), Pittsburgh (70s), 49ers (80s), Cowboys (90s), Patriots (2000s and 2010s).

Oh, it's that other woman-beater on the Chiefs. So many to keep track of.

Fair enough. Probably only two dynasties in NFL history then? Us and the 49ers (barely). And unlikely to ever have one again given the salary cap era.

The only true NFL dynasties of the Super Bowl era are Green Bay (60s), Pittsburgh (70s), 49ers (80s), Cowboys (90s), Patriots (2000s and 2010s).

San Francisco for sure… Sustained excellence, long streak without a losing record, multiple Super Bowls, stretching almost 20 years.

Dallas? They had an amazing four year stretch. Fantastic stretch for a team. That’s not a dynasty.

San Francisco for sure… Sustained excellence, long streak without a losing record, multiple Super Bowls, stretching almost 20 years.

Dallas? They had an amazing four year stretch. Fantastic stretch for a team. That’s not a dynasty.

3 super bowls within a short period should count IMO since it's not something a lot of teams accomplish. If you go by your definition then NE was not a dynasty from 2001-2004. It clearly was.

I agree with you, though I think Dynasty has been adapted to stand for 3+ championships with a core group of players (except Washington under Gibbs, which still baffles me a bit. I think winning with multiple QBs and over a longer stretch is more impressive than a four year run like Dallas.)

It’s like the word “literally.” We all know the meaning has been hijacked due to misuse, but the definition has changed nonetheless. Literally the dumbest dictionary update ever.

FC is a ****y SOB and karma will come around and bite him and tyreek hill on the butt cheeks. To his credit Mahomes shook off the "dynasty" talk and smartly stated his goal will be to continue to improve.
I could see the dynasty talk if they had blown out the niners but they were 7:00 away from losing in their first SB together. FC and Hill will spend too much time reading their press clippings and next year will be more challenging for the chiefs

We're just AB away goddamit!!!

Jerks love to talk. Enjoy your victory. Why are you worried about us? F off fool.
Whoever is responsible for our personnel issues on offense last seasn, has got some. explaining to do. The offense was gutted. Not sure how they will fix it, but we will see.On second thought, I am not sure Brady wants to be here.And it's possible BB doesn't want him here.
A lot of moving parts, IMO. He might be right.

Last edited:
As soon as a team wins, they all start this Dynasty talk !! We shall see what happens. I don’t remember the Patriots talking like that after SB 36 !

The Chiefs are vastly overrated. Without the leagues help they wouldn’t have even made the playoffs.

Jerks love to talk. Enjoy your victory. Why are you worried about us? F off fool.

The Pats live in everyone else's' head in the AFC (and to a lesser extent the NFC) rent free due to 20 years of dominance.

One Superbowl does not a dynasty make. It takes more than 1 year removed from winning a Superbowl for a dynasty to be considered dead.

The Pats live in everyone else's' head in the AFC (and to a lesser extent the NFC) rent free due to 20 years of dominance.

It's pretty funny, he just won his first Super Bowl but felt the need to talk about the Pats...

why do total morons always get the headlines?

why do total morons always get the headlines?
Because people love to read and talk about morons (as this thread indicates). If he had said something rational like “I’m just so happy we won one and I’m going to work my hardest to try and win another” none of us would be talking about him, would we?

We live in a society that rewards the brash and punishes the moderate.

3 super bowls within a short period should count IMO since it's not something a lot of teams accomplish. If you go by your definition then NE was not a dynasty from 2001-2004. It clearly was.

I agree with you, though I think Dynasty has been adapted to stand for 3+ championships with a core group of players (except Washington under Gibbs, which still baffles me a bit. I think winning with multiple QBs and over a longer stretch is more impressive than a four year run like Dallas.)

It’s like the word “literally.” We all know the meaning has been hijacked due to misuse, but the definition has changed nonetheless. Literally the dumbest dictionary update ever.

You both make a similar (and fair) point that the word has changed from what the original meaning was. I guess I would push to try to put it back to that original meaning, because a dynasty should truly be an historic thing and not something that’s handed out for a short run of excellence, even one that includes Super Bowls.

In fact, if you asked me in 2005, I would have said that the patriots were not a dynasty yet, but a team that had a great four-year run like Dallas in the 90s. But not a dynasty. To put a number on it, I think a dynasty has to extend for at least a decade.

Last edited:
My only problem with this is why bring the Patriots up at all? It's not like it was the chiefs that ended our season. I mean maybe if they had come to foxboro and knocked us out then I could see that being an outlier in 20 years of domination but it felt more like 2009 (just an off year with an early exit) where BB and crew took the extra time to retool and nail the draft setting up the next 10 years. So IMO the only thing he should be saying in regards to the Pat's is thanks Titans.

My only problem with this is why bring the Patriots up at all? It's not like it was the chiefs that ended our season. I mean maybe if they had come to foxboro and knocked us out then I could see that being an outlier in 20 years of domination but it felt more like 2009 (just an off year with an early exit) where BB and crew took the extra time to retool and nail the draft setting up the next 10 years. So IMO the only thing he should be saying in regards to the Pat's is thanks Titans.

I think a reporter asked him if the Chiefs were going to be a dynasty like the Patriots. He said something like "we took care of the Patriots earlier in the year. We're not going to be like them. We're going to be our own dynasty."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots