Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

Edit: I found the original video - you be the judge

Last edited:
Ha, I wish a dollar for every talking head that has said something like that over the years. Funny, I remember all the talking heads saying how the Bears were going to be the greatest dynasty ever after SB XX. How did that work out? I could go on and on. Every time some new young buck wins something, they start the circle jerks like this. KC and Pat Mahomes is going to find out starting next year, it is a whole new mind set, when you are now the "hunted" instead of a hunter.

Ha, I wish a dollar for every talking head that has said something like that over the years. Funny, I remember all the talking heads saying how the Bears were going to be the greatest dynasty ever after SB XX. How did that work out? I could go on and on. Every time some new young buck wins something, they start the circle jerks like this. KC and Pat Mahomes is going to find out starting next year, it is a whole new mind set, when you are now the "hunted" instead of a hunter.

Plus, they'll be picking low in the draft and could have a bad draft. Their D is still nothing to write home about...it could improve or it could get worse as players move on or get injured. They could have a Super Bowl hangover year. A lot of things can and do happen that prevent long term success in the NFL.

Last edited:
We get it, Frank Clark. You’re INTENSE.

Finally someone brave enough to declare the Patriots 19 year dynasty over.

Blah Blah Blah, who cares ? He's a champion, he can say what he wants, but like others are saying, they will be the hunted next season. I like that the Patriots are still in their heads though, should make next season's matchup a fun one.

Let's see them sustain it after paying Mahomes $40m a year.

Plus, they'll be picking low in the draft and could have a bad draft. Their D is still nothing to writing home about...it could improve or it could get worse as players move on or get injured. They could have a Super Bowl hangover year. A lot of things can and do happen that prevent long term success in the NFL.

That and Mahomes will be taking up significantly more of the salary cap soon. Right now he's at approximately 700k iirc.

Pats are in everyone's head rent free

It's take more than a great team with a great QB to make the run for a dynasty. It's stuff that's really out of anyone's control. Not at all saying a dynasty is more luck than anything, but a lot of stars have to align. The less that do, the more remarkably difficult it becomes.

Every year the super bowl winning team and their fanbase think they will become a dynasty...its only true for one team though. The giants, eagles, seahawks all thought dynasty and look where they ended up. This is not an invincible chiefs team by any means. With that said, theh should be contenders for the next 3-5 years.

Quote: "Tonight, a dynasty is born"
Who: Ricky Proehl
When: before Super Bowl 36
Result: True

Quote: "Their dynasty is over"
Who: Kelley Washington:
When: Following Ravens - Patriots 2009 Divisional game
Result: FALSE

Yeah, IF and when they win three or more than he can talk.
Three is a tall order, never mind another three after that just to tie us. This dynasty was a combination of a hands off owner, shrewd money/player management and coaching by BB and a clutch, perfectionist,healthy QB.

Patriots fans - The AFC sucks
Patriots fans - Lamar Jackson is a gimmick who gets figured out in the playoffs
Patriots fans - The Patriots need to let Brady go and rebuild

Also Patriots fans - KC isn't going to be a dynasty, because .... ???

rofl.gif

Nothing more pathetic than bragging about something you haven’t accomplished.

The word dynasty shouldn't even come out of your mouth until you win at least 2 SB's in 2-3 years. Winning one and talking about being a dynasty is a joke. You're no different than all the other teams that have won a SB.

Patriots fans - The AFC sucks
Patriots fans - Lamar Jackson is a gimmick who gets figured out in the playoffs
Patriots fans - The Patriots need to let Brady go and rebuild

Also Patriots fans - KC isn't going to be a dynasty, because .... ???

rofl.gif

The AFC does suck compared to the NFC. It's just that the top 2-3 teams in the AFC are better than the top 5-6 teams in the NFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down