PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Franchise Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because if you don't trade him you are crippled by that salary.
As we saw last year teams didn't want to both pay and give up draft compensation for him.
It would be a bad situation for the Pat's.

The 2018 cornerback franchise tag value is $14.975 million.
Hope that clears it up for you.

Speaking of cap space constraints, I learned an interesting tidbit from Miguel's tweets this morning. Certain players entering the fourth year of their rookie deals automatically get a salary bump to the level of the low-round RFA tender amount ($1.907M for 2018).

This means that both Trey Flowers and Shaq Mason got bumped from their originally-scheduled $705k each to $1.907M each - an additional cap expense of $2.4M.

Between that, other adjustments, and the fact that the official 2018 league cap number came in almost $1M under the $178M that Miguel had projected, the Pats are starting out with about $14.6M in cap space instead of the $16.2M number we've been working with so far.

They should just tag Butler for the hell of it to piss him off even more haha

Speaking of cap space constraints, I learned an interesting tidbit from Miguel's tweets this morning. Certain players entering the fourth year of their rookie deals automatically get a salary bump to the level of the low-round RFA tender amount ($1.907M for 2018).

This means that both Trey Flowers and Shaq Mason got bumped from their originally-scheduled $705k each to $1.907M each - an additional cap expense of $2.4M.

Not an additional cap expense of $2.4M. I was using $1.916M for their salaries. So their lowered salaries actually increased my cap space number by 18K.

Not an additional cap expense of $2.4M. I was using $1.916M for their salaries. So their lowered salaries actually increased my cap space number by 18K.

Thanks, Miguel. I apparently misread that series of tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back