PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FOX NFL Power Rankings Week-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats are #10 at ESPN also. Love the disrepect!

patsfan13 said:
The Pats are #10 at ESPN also. Love the disrepect!

Is it really disrespect or earned through the softness of the secondary?

cbs sportsline has them at #2 behind of course the colts.

all random opinions laced with sportswriter bias

Didn't you hear? The Patriots struggled to beat a bad Jets team, even though the only chance the Jets had to tie the game was a hail mary thrown to the 20. They obviously aren't very good.

Ranked 11 in NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9671090

Pitt struggles against a horrid Miami team and then looses to Jville (not socring a point) and they are rated ahead of us..../boggle.

What Gives

The Patriots 2-0 Go down 5 spots after lack-luster win over Jets - not playing 60 minutes of FootBall.

The NY Giants (1-1) GAIN 3 spots for playing 15 minutes of football ????

I think the ranking is about right for where we are as a team. Face it, we beat the Bills by a safety, and we let Jets get back into the game after a 24-0 lead. #11 is about right, hope it will motivate the D to do better against Denver (not that they read this post anyway!)

I think #11 isn't far off either. In my heart of homer hearts I think we're superbowl bound but looking at these guys from the outside, so far we have no passing game and a defense that has looked soft for one half of both games we've played against mediocre at best teams.

#11 is what it is, I suspect it will go up after this weeks win.

What I find interesting is:

#19 Bills +8 spots
#23 Jets -3 spots
#24 Miami -9 spots

I only disagree with Pitt and NYG being ranked higher. Besides that I would say they got it about right.

All power rankings are bunk! :D

The only rank that counts is the one at the end of the season. Honestly though, I've never understood the fascination with "power rankings" - a team's record is their rank. Debating a team's placement after two games (or 8) is fruitless. Sorry, just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back