Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
JG: 15/33 261 1 TD 3 INT 7.91 YPA, 45.1 passer rating
Dion Lewis (TEN) 16 carries, 75 yards, 1 TD; 5 catches, 35 yards
Danny Amendola (MIA) 4 catches, 26 yards
Malcolm Butler (TEN) 5 tackles, 2 passes defended, 1 INT but also beaten for a long score.
Jordan Richards (ATL): DNP
Nate Solder (NYG): Beaten a lot by Ngakoue who the Pats will see next week. Didn't get much push in the running game either.

Solder got whipped like a rented mule yesterday. I don’t know if he’s nursing some sort of injury, because he fared much better against Ngakoue last season, but he did not look good.

JG: 15/33 261 1 TD 3 INT 7.91 YPA, 45.1 passer rating
Dion Lewis (TEN) 16 carries, 75 yards, 1 TD; 5 catches, 35 yards
Danny Amendola (MIA) 4 catches, 26 yards
Malcolm Butler (TEN) 5 tackles, 2 passes defended, 1 INT but also beaten for a long score.
Jordan Richards (ATL): DNP
Nate Solder (NYG): Beaten a lot by Ngakoue who the Pats will see next week. Didn't get much push in the running game either.

When Butler intercepted that pass the announcer goes " Where was that in the super bowl". I said to my self No ****

Apparently Bojorquez had a good first game punting, but also fumbled a snap.

JAG was better than the numbers indicate. He missed one throw for a TD in the 2nd quarter I think to Kittle but then Kittle dropped a wide open pass that would’ve been a long TD. After that was when JAG threw the pick 6 as his WR was falling down. Like the preseason, WR’s kept dropping the ball.

9ers had a ton of opportunities squandered. Vikings are talking a ton of s*** but the outcome could’ve easily been reversed.

They just don’t have enough playmakers.

When Butler intercepted that pass the announcer goes " Where was that in the super bowl". I said to my self No ****
The stats look good for Butler, but I also read he was beat for a TD ad a few passes as well. Any truth in that?

Hicks Bears looks like a stud
I really liked Akem Hicks when he was here, and was very sad to see him go. He really revived his career here and deserved the contract he got from the Bears. I remember reading that Bill called him offering to match the deal, but Hicks had already given his verbal commitment to the Bears. Too Bad, he was definitely one who got away.

I'd like to see this thread keep going. Good job.

The stats look good for Butler, but I also read he was beat for a TD ad a few passes as well. Any truth in that?
I didn’t see the whole game but did hear he got burnt for a td.

I really liked Akem Hicks when he was here, and was very sad to see him go. He really revived his career here and deserved the contract he got from the Bears. I remember reading that Bill called him offering to match the deal, but Hicks had already given his verbal commitment to the Bears. Too Bad, he was definitely one who got away.

The disappointing bit with Hicks was that he reportedly cited playing time as a reason he wanted to move on and the Pats ended up cutting Easley weeks later. Had the Pats pulled the plug on him earlier, it might have been easier to sell Hicks on the idea of staying.

The disappointing bit with Hicks was that he reportedly cited playing time as a reason he wanted to move on and the Pats ended up cutting Easley weeks later. Had the Pats pulled the plug on him earlier, it might have been easier to sell Hicks on the idea of staying.
I don’t know, he’s essentially FT in Chicago and that’s a thing only Wilfork has been in decent vintage on DT/DL here. 4/48 with 30 guaranteed was never going to happen in NE, so even if he’d stayed a year longer it’s hard to envision a long-term fit. Wish it did though, dude is a beast. I think they’re in a good spot with Brown and Shelton there of course.

Hope they all do reasonably well as it will increase the value of players who the Pats may trade to upgrade their team.

Butler will be interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back