PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Focusing On The Weak Link On Defense: DT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am skeptical that this guy can also play dt at a NFL level

Pats have an identity crisis with their front 7.

The more I talk about it, the more convinced I am that Bill definitely WILL do it; it’s a quintessentially Belichickian loophole.

fair enough

Actually, this was exactly my point.

Last evening I watched a replay of last year’s Bowl game between Louisiana Tech and Miami. It just got my attention because four reported UDFA signings were on those two teams.

There were no sightings of Jeff Thomas or Trevon Hill. J’Mar Smith was unimpressive until a good 4th quarter drive. La Tech won 14-0. The player that stood out to me was Courtney Wallace. He held his own against the run, and showed some pass rush skills as well.

At 6’2” 302 lbs., he’s hardly the size you think of for a Patriots NT. But, I was impressed. He looked better than say John Atkins an UDFA DT (Georgia, I think) who the Pats signed a couple of years ago and who, the last I knew, was still kicking around on the Lions roster. Wallace was disruptive, and, who knows, might be able to pack on 10 lbs or so and be a contributor down the road.

To my untrained eye, I like this draft and UDFA class more and more every day.

It's pretty obvious what's happening here...ball control in reverse. The lack of talent at DT is intentional and specifically designed to keep our offense off the field. The more they run it, the more clock that gets chewed, the less the Pat's WR personnel have to see the field. It's brilliant.

It's pretty obvious what's happening here...ball control in reverse. The lack of talent at DT is intentional and specifically designed to keep our offense off the field. The more they run it, the more clock that gets chewed, the less the Pat's WR personnel have to see the field. It's brilliant.

change your name to “positive patsfan” the forum is littered with your enthusiasm everywhere we look.

Pats have an identity crisis with their front 7.
How so? Don’t necessarily agree or disagree, but curious to hear some X’s and O’s insight and not just a drive-by one liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes