PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flynn at QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just some camp competition in the event the suspension holds up. They'll need another body back there and it gives the Pats someone to compete with Garoppolo.

Flynn is the 3rd option regardless of experience / performance... IMHO

There are worse QBs than Flynn to have as a 3rd QB/maybe 2nd for maybe 4 or fewer games.

I think he's decent. His big game against Detroit shows he has some level of talent. Good vet depth guy.

There are worse QBs than Flynn to have as a 3rd QB/maybe 2nd for maybe 4 or fewer games.

I think he's decent. His big game against Detroit shows he has some level of talent. Good vet depth guy.
He was outstanding on that Sunday night game in Foxboro a few years ago.

Last edited:
I cannot comprehend BB putting Flynn at QB2. It would be like signing Connolly to start over the one of the rooks. Why?

I cannot comprehend BB putting Flynn at QB2. It would be like signing Connolly to start over the one of the rooks. Why?

He is 2nd cause Jimmy is 1st. BB always plans ahead. He knows the League Office will try to uphold that 4 gamer for Brady. What am I missing here ? Smart move, by smart coach, in a stupid League.

Less coffee, Ross.

Back to Flynn : there are much worse QBs "to be stuck with in a pinch" than Flynn. I think it's a solid pick up. To make sure the position isn't costing NE wins if crazy things happen.

He is 2nd cause Jimmy is 1st. BB always plans ahead. He knows the League Office will try to uphold that 4 gamer for Brady. What am I missing here ? Smart move, by smart coach, in a stupid League.

If Brady is suspended....of course.

That is an understatement. He is one of the true elite back up QBs.

I think it's as simple as having another guy who could start a football game. If Brady's suspension holds up even 1 game and Jimmy G. were to get dinged in camp or preseason... He's gotta be better than that dude we just cut.

That is an understatement. He is one of the true elite back up QBs.
Didn't wanna get too hot over the signing. I do like him. My question now is, do they keep Gilbert?

Didn't wanna get too hot over the signing. I do like him. My question now is, do they keep Gilbert?

I think they let Gilbert go a few hours ago

I think they let Gilbert go a few hours ago
Interesting, then, that Gilbert got a lot of action today and JG was just watching. Guess they wanted to see if Gilbert could handle a full load, but it ultimately just led to his own release. They have a new man for the job now.

Looking back on that paragraph, it sounds really disgusting.

Sounds like insurance but BB has carried 3 QBs before, even 4. That could be the planning from the beggining with Brady starting the season at 38.

Definitely a good depth signing and it shouldn't cost that much either.

It has been the commonly stated assumption on this Board that Brady's legal team will attempt to get the suspension delayed or revoked by the courts. Perhaps not.

He may be going for the largest financial damages he can muster, and being suspended increases the financial hit to him, his wife, and everyone associated with "Tom Brady Inc" including some very large corporations. The coaching staff may have already been told that he won't be available for the first four games and perhaps even longer than that, depending on how the Commissioner reacts to his behavior at the upcoming hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes