PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FLORIO - THE PATRIOT WAY IS DEAD

Because I still want him to break Shula's record....he needs 16 wins...much better if he goes to a team that will finish 6-11 this year...and win 10 games and maybe a playoff game....then win 5 more in 2025...just so Shula rolls over in his grave.

Honestly, aside from the Giants game...I am not seeing anymore wins this year...and a massive overhaul in the off-season...

I agree on Brady having one or maybe multiple...but remember that Brady never starts if he went anywhere else...he was going to supplant Bledsoe in Belichick's mind...but BB needed an injury to make it happen then BB stuck with Brady.

Had Brady gone anywhere else...he might have beeb cut in year 2-3 or ended up a journey man...sometimes it is about opportunity/reps....

As for BB winning one on his own...the same deal...opportunity...he would have never been able to coach 25 seasons or so without any success. I mean many coaches wash out and they never got
to coach a HOF QB. I think BB would have been as good as Reid was with the Eagles....
I hate Shula as much as any Patriots fan but to be honest I don't care about the record. Some of the wins in his record come from Bill's time in Cleveland so it doesn't make much difference to me if the last handful come with the Giants or Chargers. Either way at this rate he won't get it here unless Kraft has given a lifetime achievement award perpetual contract the way Andy wants.

I find it hard to believe Brady wouldn't have caught on somewhere and ended up as the starter. By all accounts Brady made huge strides from his rookie year to his second year and whether he bounced around or not he would have found a job somewhere. While there was certainly some luck involved in his story I don’t think he lucked into being the greatest of all time.

I'm sure none of those guys would have benched their best tackling cornerback before a Super Bowl for no reason and kept him on the bench while the inferior players out there did what inferior players do. While Brady was throwing for over 500 yards against a very good Eagles defense. Bill cost Brady at least 1 ring. Maybe another one when he thought giving the ball a bunch of times to Steven Jackson to lose to an inferior Miami and Jets teams to end the season and forcing the team to go to Denver in the AFC Championship game instead of them coming to NE. Where they admitted they were intimidated to play. Great logic there.

Most coaches would take a 48 yard field goal attempt on 4th and 13 but, hey, the stakes weren’t that high or anything in SB42. The important thing is Bill showcased his outside the box genius. I can’t believe some dumb fans thought that season should have been about the players on that team and not the coach.

Bill's time is done here. It's been done for a while but people just don't want to see it. The Patriots used to be a team that was the most prepared team in the NFL. They did all the little things right and always seemed to be a step ahead of the opposition.
Now, not so much, and I am beginning to wonder if that was more a product of the people around Belichick, and not Belichick himself. Or is it the fact that now in his seventies, Bill figures he's the smartest guy in the room and doesn't listen to anyone anymore. He refuses to own up to his mistakes. The truth is he has assembled a poor football team with an equally bad coaching staff.

Even on game personnel decisions he has become infuriating.
He sits Boutte out as a healthy scratch, then claims Boutte had a great week of practice. Well then why was he a healthy scratch? Bill gives his typical non-answer
"We activated the players that we felt were the best players to put in the game," Belichick said to the first Boutte question, followed up by, "I thought he had a good week of practice." So I guess his week of practice wasn't good enough to be in the game day line-up. Instead we get Reaghor and the 33 million dollar Juju dropping passes right into their hands.

Bills gruffness and cute non-answers were fine when they were winning games, but now it has just become an annoying schtick. It reeks of arrogance and a refusal to change what is clearly not working.

So thanks for the memories Bill, but it's time to clean house and move on. Do we really want another 4 years of this crap?
I think most people could live with a rebuild if they could see the team moving forward. Can anyone honestly say this team has moved forward in the past 4 seasons?

That he took the Browns from 3-13 in 1990 to 11-5 in 1994, with a playoff win over the Patriots. Obviously, we'll never know, but that makes me think he'd have gotten the job done at least once.
Belichick took over a Cleveland team in 1991 that was only 2 years removed from 5 straight playoff appearances and 3 AFC title game appearances in 5 seasons....and then Bill promptly compiled a 37-45 record

Serious question: do you think Brady would still have become TFB if he had been drafted by the JEST?
Yess the Jets always have a very good Defense. Imagine Brady with a young D Revis and those other guys .I say they would have won atleast Three with Brady. Hey Brady WON it away from Father Time BB.

Ravens? With Harbaugh in charge? Steelers with Cowher/Tomlin in charge? Vikings? They had a lot of coaches....

Sure 1-3 rings maybe, not SIX. All of the above coaches would have called timeout in SB49 after the Kearse circus catch and the Lynch run stopped by Hightower...
Lmao. Yeah, maybe they do call a timeout in SB49.

But they probably don't bench Malcom Butler. Or fail to draft/develop a single elite receiver. Or refuse to spend money on superstar receivers.

The bottom line is that The Patriots won 6 SB's with Belichick as HC and it was fcuking glorious every single time!
The Pro's clearly outnumber the Con's when one evaluates BB. People have the right to be unhappy about the team right now, but to try and pretend that BB was not the architect for all 6 of those championships is just complete silliness.

I hate Shula as much as any Patriots fan but to be honest I don't care about the record. Some of the wins in his record come from Bill's time in Cleveland so it doesn't make much difference to me if the last handful come with the Giants or Chargers. Either way at this rate he won't get it here unless Kraft has given a lifetime achievement award perpetual contract the way Andy wants.

I find it hard to believe Brady wouldn't have caught on somewhere and ended up as the starter. By all accounts Brady made huge strides from his rookie year to his second year and whether he bounced around or not he would have found a job somewhere. While there was certainly some luck involved in his story I don’t think he lucked into being the greatest of all time.
Agree that he is the GOAT because he worked for it. I only question if he would have gotten an opportunity elsewhere...in 2000, I was pissed we went with 4 QB's at the expense of player #53 (I forget who it was). But the coaches apparently saw something in Brady from April to August of that year before making that decision.

Then by year 2, he immediately supplanted Huard...and probably wouldn't have started until week 10 or so if Bledsoe didn't get hurt, IMO.

So, put him on any other franchise....he's probably cut in August...maybe signs somewhere for depth...or even plays in the CFL or for the Montreal Expos..maybe even catches a few games for Pedro Martinez...

Still amazing man....

Lmao. Yeah, maybe they do call a timeout in SB49.

But they probably don't bench Malcom Butler. Or fail to draft/develop a single elite receiver. Or refuse to spend money on superstar receivers.
Good points. The Butler benching man....same deal with Jack Jones and J.C. Jackson on Sunday... at least we knew why Wes Welker was benched...

And he gave Moss an extension...and always paid Gronk... also paid Amendola when Welker walked.... he drafted Chad Jackson, Aaron Dobson, Deion Branch, N'Keal Harry, and traded a 2nd for Mohammed Snau/Wes Welker.... oh a 4th for Moss too...

So, not exactly refusing to try...just poor evaluation for the most part.

Had Brady gone anywhere else...he might have beeb cut in year 2-3 or ended up a journey man...sometimes it is about opportunity/reps....
Knowing the player he became, he would've easily beat out a ton of QB's. I think if he went undrafted, he would've ended up with the 49ers and waited a few years to take over for Garcia as he had some pretty good years there.

Knowing the player he became, he would've easily beat out a ton of QB's. I think if he went undrafted, he would've ended up with the 49ers and waited a few years to take over for Garcia as he had some pretty good years there.

Maybe the Niners' brain trust would have been stubborn about Carmazzi...they spent a 3rd on him. Michigan was stubborn about Henson....

We'll never know, but I think yeah...he would have out worked anyone....

Belichick took over a Cleveland team in 1991 that was only 2 years removed from 5 straight playoff appearances and 3 AFC title game appearances in 5 seasons....and then Bill promptly compiled a 37-45 record
If you look at his tenure there, nearly every one of his Cleveland teams came apart at the seems in the second half of the season.

The idea he is a genius whose teams gain an advantage through genius information gathering and team chemistry is yet another backwards-from-reality myth that was really the Brady factor.

Here the pre/post November splits:

1990: 4-4, 2-6
1991: 4-3, 3-6
1992: 5-2, 2-7
1993: 6-2, 5-3
1994: 4-4, 1-7

Yes, the team announced it was moving in the 1994 season. That doesn’t change the trend of getting worse during the season. They started that year 3-1 and then sank to 4-5 before the announcement

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back