PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FLORIO - THE PATRIOT WAY IS DEAD

People - including FLORIO - need to chill out. Players are the ones making the plays on the field and winning games.

Having said that, BB has been exceptional at making the right calls, both on and off the field, for a tremendous percentage of his career. An unseen two decades of success resulting in so many championships and wonderful moments.

While players are the ones winning games, BB has been an integral part of the run and it seems as though it’s time for him to move on. There is no shame in his record and accomplishments. Instead of being weird, Florio, how about you acknowledge that everyone in sports - GMs / owners / HCs / players - have a downward turn eventually. And that jealousy has made BB’s hard times open season for all the betas who cried about tuck rules and touching WRs a bit too hard.

Blech! You can argue Belichick's demeanor doesn't work now. But you can't say it didn't work 23 years ago. "They hate their coach!" OK, fine. They hated him. Who? We don't know. Was Bill Parcells hated? I think he had some success. So many coaches from back then were hated. It's just how it was. It's perfectly fine to say those type of coaches are old school and not able to relate to players today. That doesn't mean this is how it always was.

eh, the Pats and BB are definitely taking shots this year, some deservedly so, some not so much and are based primarily on media members axe-grinding... who doesn't love a good pile-on, right?

If "The Patriot Way" under BB is dead, so be it - its dead. It's been one hell of a ride in that case. Something I thought we'd never see, let alone experience.

Proud of what The Patriot Way has accomplished.

°

Last edited:
Tom Brady was as much a product of the Patriot Way as he was a fabricator and facilitator (how‘s them words, Breslow!).

To take away credit from BB for building a system that endured for two decades is just bizarre. He garnered and molded a lot of talent during that time. Maybe his time is up, and he hasn’t adapted to changing times, but you can’t negate 6 rings and 9 SB appearances in Foxboro.

Wasn’t just Brady, jeez, how shallow. McGinnist, Bruschi, Vrabel, McCourty, Edelman, Slater. The well just ran dry. It was bound to happen the way he’s been drafting recently. Brady was the xfactor of course. Not having a franchise doesn’t win you very much in this league.

So? Prove him wrong. That’s how it works.
That 4.0 GPA pick is destroying BB more than anything really.

I can conjecture that BB never really wanted Mac, that committee put together by Kraft forced the team into the pick and now BB is sinking with Mac. Mac is not a good QB, when I watched this pro bowl skills challenge, it told me all I needed to know about what a bare min NFL QB should be able to do. Watch from 3:48 onwards.

Last edited:
Anybody denying it at this point is lost. Did Belichick just suddenly lose his touch around the time Brady left? Did he suddenly become great in week 3 2001?

This is what the Patriot way looks like without Tom. (Hint: it looks like the Cleveland years look like).

That 4.0 GPA pick is destroying BB more than anything really.

I can conjecture that BB never really wanted Mac, that committee put together by Kraft forced the team into the pick and now BB is sinking with Mac. Mac is not a good QB, when I watched this pro bowl skills challenge, it told me all I needed to know about what a bare min NFL QB should be able to do. Watch from 3:48 onwards.

I remember watching that... esp after Russ comes in afterwards and goes 3 for 3 on long throws... I was hoping he just had a bad day.

I remember watching that... esp after Russ comes in afterwards and goes 3 for 3 on long throws... I was hoping he just had a bad day.
He is not good at this level. He was a plug and play at Bama with the weapons they had. His accuracy was extremely overrated, maybe in less than 10yds he is accurate?

The great irony here is that Belichick did this to his own legacy by chasing Tom out the door who then went on to nearly go to back-to-back Super Bowls with the worst team in all of professional sports, to get a 7th ring by stomping out Mahomes.

Belichick could have just STFU and let Brady haters in the media spend the rest of their lives telling simpletons it was all the magical system.

Tom Brady was as much a product of the Patriot Way as he was a fabricator and facilitator (how‘s them words, Breslow!).

To take away credit from BB for building a system that endured for two decades is just bizarre. He garnered and molded a lot of talent during that time. Maybe his time is up, and he hasn’t adapted to changing times, but you can’t negate 6 rings and 9 SB appearances in Foxboro.
Is it really credit to BB if his system only worked because Brady carried the offense for him?

We're not negating it. It's just obvious that he wouldn't have done even a fraction of that if he didn't have Brady, and therefore those years shouldn't be used to argue him staying as the coach when he's done such a poor job in the rebuild post-Brady. What he's doing is now is what would have happened in the early 2000s had he stayed

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back