PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio speculates on a BB to Commanders trade

People seem to (still) think you can trade coaches like they were players. I have spent several weeks explaining that it doesn't work that way. Belichick would have to want to go to Washington and there is simply no evidence of that, nor is there any evidence that is a franchise he would pick if he did truly want to leave. Him growing up in Annapolis is a very weak association to the Commanders.

People seem to (still) think you can trade coaches like they were players. I have spent several weeks explaining that it doesn't work that way. Belichick would have to want to go to Washington and there is simply no evidence of that, nor is there any evidence that is a franchise he would pick if he did truly want to leave. Him growing up in Annapolis is a very weak association to the Commanders.
you are absolutely correct
Washington would have to first get approval to even talk to BB
if BB wanted to go the Washington, he would not be traded, he would simply break his contract with the Pats and sign with Washington, with the Pats agreeing to compensation for BB breaking his contract.
not a trade, but compensation for leaving
If BB did not want to leave, the Pats could fire him. they could not trade him.

you are absolutely correct
Washington would have to first get approval to even talk to BB
if BB wanted to go the Washington, he would not be traded, he would simply break his contract with the Pats and sign with Washington, with the Pats agreeing to compensation for BB breaking his contract.
not a trade, but compensation for leaving
If BB did not want to leave, the Pats could fire him. they could not trade him.
Unless Kraft played hard ball.
What if Bill wanted out?
Then Kraft could say you signed a contract we would need compensation.

Gotta hand it to Florio this dude is persistent. Once he gets an idea about something he doubles and triples down on it and won’t let go. He’s been talking about BB being traded for over a year now.

Did the same thing for Brady unretiring again.

Rivera is probably on his way out there. So why would they want BB?

Clickbait by Florio. He "heard something!" I heard Florio was dreaming! LOL

If RK could get a 1 for BB you take that all day every day.
If RK could get a ham sandwich to get out of his contract to Bill he should take it. The team needs a change

If RK could get a ham sandwich to get out of his contract to Bill he should take it. The team needs a change
All he has to do to get out of it is pay BB. Dude is a Billionaire…don’t think that is the issue.

More likely, RK would want to try and get some draft comp if he could

Unless Kraft played hard ball.
What if Bill wanted out?
Then Kraft could say you signed a contract we would need compensation.
I mean, that's how it works. Sean Payton last year is really the example. He quit the Saints, but they still held his rights, so even though they weren't paying him, they still needed compensation for him to go to Denver.

Gotta hand it to Florio this dude is persistent. Once he gets an idea about something he doubles and triples down on it and won’t let go. He’s been talking about BB being traded for over a year now.

Did the same thing for Brady unretiring again.

Rivera is probably on his way out there. So why would they want BB?
Butts in seats.

Ticket sales.

Duh.

If Harris replaced Rivera with BB and BB brought Josh and/or any of his other coaches with SB experience it would be a shot in the arm for ticket demand for at least two to three years.

Give any hint of improvement in the first year or two and it’s a mega win for the WFT.

Who would you want them to bring in and do you think whoever they brought in would do better with the roster?

All he has to do to get out of it is pay BB. Dude is a Billionaire…don’t think that is the issue.

More likely, RK would want to try and get some draft comp if he could
To think a Billionaire doesn't care about cash is naive at best. You don't become a Billionaire by throwing money away

Who would you want them to bring in and do you think whoever they brought in would do better with the roster?
Who I don't know, I'm not an expert. They can't do any worse than Belichick has done since 2018

BB to the Washington commies…nah, not a fit.

BB to the Commanders, along with Josh McDaniels.

Honestly, as much as I love BB....I would love two first round picks from the Commanders...that would be two top 15 draft picks playing together for 4 years and both if them playing solo for 2 more seasons (if we pick up 5th year options and don't sign them to second contracts).

BB has at most 4 more coaching seasons left in him, IMO.

If BB goes anywhere in the NFCE it will be to the Giants.

No ONE is untouchable in this league. Coaches ,players, executives. I'm not suprised by anything these days in the NFL. I think the consensus would say there projects to be some changes this off season. Be it with or without BB this franchise will look to get back into becoming a contender.. one way or another
I like the idea of a trade to Washington and Bill might like it too. We won't be playing them for a while and Bill will probably be done by that time. This would also be a good way for Bill to part ways on good terms.

Just imagine what he could do if he got all of the old gang back and brought them with him. Bill, Judge, Patricia, McDaniels and Daboll would be incredible. None of them have done diddly squat without Brady and this could be their chance.

C'mon Bob, JUST DO IT!

But there's a report which speculates that Kraft could be making inquiries. :)

If BB goes anywhere in the NFCE it will be to the Giants.
Giants, Redskins, who cares as long as he's gone. Both are great choices.

I like the idea of a trade to Washington and Bill might like it too. We won't be playing them for a while and Bill will probably be done by that time. This would also be a good way for Bill to part ways on good terms.

Just imagine what he could do if he got all of the old gang back and brought them with him. Bill, Judge, Patricia, McDaniels and Daboll would be incredible. None of them have done diddly squat without Brady and this could be their chance.

C'mon Bob, JUST DO IT!
Your right! I do as well. He grew up in the area I hear, he has ties to the Washington DC area, Maryland of course. Absolutely he will take his loyalists with him. They won't have jobs anywhere else. I absolutely appreciate BB the great HC, but as we all know the roster decisions have come back to bite

But there's a report which speculates that Kraft could be making inquiries. :)
I can see that! He lost Brady for nothing I doubt he allows BB to leave for absolutely nothing in return..

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back