PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Farinella hating on Tommy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Farinella and I have been battling in our own e-mail war since this article came out on Saturday - that is why I posted it here. I knew I couldn't be the only one that thought his article was very unfair as Tom Brady has never had reputation for ducking on the media. If anything his relationship with the media has been outstanding! Tom just experienced a life changing event during the damned pre-season and this arse thinks Tom Brady owes him an interview, F*** him!

"My name is Joe Farinelli and I am stuck at this two-bit community newspaper in an era where even the big ones are dying.........help me......save me from irrelevance.......please read my 'edgy' columns.....look at me.....look at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Actually, this guy had a very good and informative article on Le Kevin Smith today. Maybe he should remember what he's good at and try to inform the public instead of junk like "I wasn't in Charlotte Friday night for the Patriots' 24-7 preseason victory over the Carolina Panthers, but........."

LOL The irony of a reporter who wasn't even there complaining about a player not showing up for a post game media debriefing....

Must be taking his cues from Felger who earlier this pre season was tearing Randy a new one for not hustling in practices Felger either didn't attend or showed up late to...

Well, Farinella and I have been battling in our own e-mail war since this article came out on Saturday - that is why I posted it here. I knew I couldn't be the only one that thought his article was very unfair as Tom Brady has never had reputation for ducking on the media. If anything his relationship with the media has been outstanding! Tom just experienced a life changing event during the damned pre-season and this arse thinks Tom Brady owes him an interview, F*** him!

Exactly - if anything I think its fair to criticize Tom for naming his son "Brady" - but the rest of it is totally out of bounds.

;)

(Actually I think they named him "John" but until its official, I'm still pulling for Brady Brady.)

Last edited:
I just got finished my angry email as well. Lets flood his inbox. :D

Email is: redacted if you want to avoid clicking on the link and giving him more hits on the site.
Just a reminder to folks: in the past Ian hasn't minded indignation with media people who are big enough to take the heat, but I'm pretty sure he has drawn the line at posting contact information, regardless of whether they provide that information at the end of a story or if the contact info is in a public listing. If you wish to post a link to the story and remark that you sent a note to the e-mail the writer provided, then folks who wish to do the same can get off their lazy butts and follow your lead. That's the way I remember things from past incidents - I think it led Miguel to remove the Bread of Life's address from his sig to comply with the rule - it may just be a way protect Ian and Patsfans if some wanker gets too carried away. :cool:

Mods: Crosscheck me on this please, if I'm not getting too senile you may want to remove the address link above and allow the folks to go to the story for their contact info.

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/articles/2007/08/26/sports/sports5.txt

I think this article is a bit harsh considering Tom Brady's situation. He does not have to speak after a post game in preseason, especially considering the circumstances.

Brady is a pretty stand up guy and has been very good with the media in Boston, a pretty tough media at that. So not only does he owe it all of us to be a Red Sox fan, but now he also owes it to the media to speak to them after a GD preseason game after the birth of his son?

His digs at Tom and comments on Peyton show a pretty obvious agenda.
Okay, I've read the article, a bit harsh covers it and not what I usually expect from reading Mark's work (I've found him to be one of the good guys doing solid reporting). I'm sure he can handle the criticism here and in the locker room; unlike Felger and crap throwers now working other venues, I'm not ready to put Mark on ignore, he and Tommy can Indian Leg Wrestle on their own time.

Articles like this are why people hate the media. Preachy, self-serious, entitled. Brady doesn't owe you, or your ilk, ANYTHING. He owes US (not YOU) one thing, and one thing only, and that's winning football games so that we can have an exciting Sunday five months a year. Everything else is his business, and he's earned the right to not talk to you schmucks and answer your snarky questions about his private life.

I know I'd be going down a slippery slope if I commented upon the nontraditional nature of Brady's relationship with Ms. Moynahan, and questioned whether the usual family-time rules should apply to an individual who has fathered a child with one woman but apparently has no intentions of rekindling a relationship with her while he conducts a very public relationship with a supermodel. So I'll leave that to be addressed by those with more highly-developed senses of moral superiority than I.

Screw You. Get off the high horse.

I'm going to email this fool. This article upset me. "family time rules" THREE SUPER BOWLS A**HOLE. HE GETS TIME OFF TO HANG OUT WITH HIS BABY EVEN IF HE HAD IT WITH A HOOKER. Die.

This is what I sent him:

Hi,

I want to say this in the most non-aggressive way possible, but I think your column was not just unfair, but representative of a certain sense of outrageous entitlement on the part of media representatives in pro sports. I do kind of sympathize with your point that it's sad to not have off the cuff moments with quarterbacks anymore, but what's important is the game itself, and Tom Brady has earned the right to fly out and see his baby whenever he wants. He owes you NOTHING. Please let that sink in. He owes US, the fans, sharp quarterbacking on Sundays. US, not YOU (unless you count yourself as a fan, which I'm not sure is the case). If he's going to be a primadonna, fine. When he starts tossing 4 interceptions a game you can rip him. Until then, the guy's earned his pass; for people who aren't trying to scoop other newspapers, the only thing that matters (barring severe misconduct) is his play.

Oh yeah, by the way, Jarvis Green could start on 30 other teams and get 10 sacks a season easily. "Who does this guy think he is." Do you even watch Patriots games? That was very suspect. And I respect the Patriots way of relating with the media. It helps them gel as a team. Again, they owe you, your editors, and your deadline NOTHING.

Thanks,
xxxxxxx

Oh yeah, your little sly "I'm-not-going-to-say-he's-immoral-but-he's-immoral" dig was uncalled for and despicable. You should be ashamed of yourself. It's none of your business; who do you think you are? You're one self-righteous fella, that can't be a fun way to live.

It's a shame. I grew up in N. Attleboro, therefore Farinella was my hometown guy. I remember him being pretty fair and a constant good read (especially about high school sports), but it wouldn't be the first time a sportswriter struggled as the sports world passed him by.

Just a reminder to folks: in the past Ian hasn't minded indignation with media people who are big enough to take the heat, but I'm pretty sure he has drawn the line at posting contact information, regardless of whether they provide that information at the end of a story or if the contact info is in a public listing. If you wish to post a link to the story and remark that you sent a note to the e-mail the writer provided, then folks who wish to do the same can get off their lazy butts and follow your lead. That's the way I remember things from past incidents - I think it led Miguel to remove the Bread of Life's address from his sig to comply with the rule - it may just be a way protect Ian and Patsfans if some wanker gets too carried away. :cool:

Mods: Crosscheck me on this please, if I'm not getting too senile you may want to remove the address link above and allow the folks to go to the story for their contact info.

My bad, I didn't think it was a big deal because the email was listed at the bottom of the article. But I could see how it could be bad for the site if some posters got out of hand with the emailing. I just wanted to post the email for those who didn't want to give him another hit on the website for that horrible piece he called an sports story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News