PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Expert" predictions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete Prisco:
I think the Eagles will actually lead in the fourth quarter, but Brady will either win it late with a drive to a field goal in the final minutes, or he will help the Patriots take the lead and then have his defense hold on against Foles. Foles shouldn't feel that bad. It would for most every other quarterback as well. Tom Brady is the GOAT. That will play out once again on the biggest stage as he earns his sixth Super Bowl ring. 24-21 NE

Cant wait to see the Chris Carter, Ladanlian Thomlinson, Chris Mortensen, Chris Simms, Donovan McNabb, Bart Scott, Bill Polian, Tony Dungy, Tom Jackson, Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Jerry Rice, Mark Brunell, Jon Tomase, Mike Greenberg picks. Who did I miss?

Some names to Remember.

Mike Golic 31-10 Eagles **
Eric Williams 28-17 Eagles
Mike Drago 35-24 Eagles
Chris Mortensen 34-24 Eagles
Adam Teicher 27-17 Eagles

If you have the Eagles winning that is fine. Just anyone who thinks it will be a double digit win is just being provocative IMO.

Interesting that Mike Reiss, usually conservative with score predictions, has Pats 31-17. That feels right to me.
But I really don't give a damn about the score, I just want the W.

Some names to Remember.

Mike Golic 31-10 Eagles **
Eric Williams 28-17 Eagles
Mike Drago 35-24 Eagles
Chris Mortensen 34-24 Eagles
Adam Teicher 27-17 Eagles

If you have the Eagles winning that is fine. Just anyone who thinks it will be a double digit win is just being provocative IMO.
Golic says 27-24. Of course that is after saying he would never pick against the patriot again and then doing it and being wrong in last years SB and this years AFCCG.
Golic picking against the patriots may be better than a smart guy picking the patriots.

I don’t understand this belief that the eagles have many great weapons.
The QB is average.
Jeffries is ok but certainly not a too 10 wr. Agholor is a pretty average starter and Torrey Smith is a cast off.
Ertz is pretty good
The RBs dont impress me much.
It’s like they have a whole bunch of ok players but nothing special.

Wonder who Mike Lombardi picked and his score. Didn't he have some comment about how this is a "horrific" match-up for us?

I don’t understand this belief that the eagles have many great weapons.
The QB is average.
Jeffries is ok but certainly not a too 10 wr. Agholor is a pretty average starter and Torrey Smith is a cast off.
Ertz is pretty good
The RBs dont impress me much.
It’s like they have a whole bunch of ok players but nothing special.

I think when there are two teams left, it's all about pumping up the average players to be stars, and everyone seems to think that we are just Brady, Gronk and Amendola on third downs.

I have not heard any of the Philly media even mention much about Cooks, Hogan and any of our running backs.

Wonder who Mike Lombardi picked and his score. Didn't he have some comment about how this is a "horrific" match-up for us?

He predicts 23-20 Eagles.

The way he was talking last week sounded like he didn’t think the Pats would have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes