PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Excellent Article on Matt Patricia by Mike Giardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike the Brit

Minuteman Target
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
An article based on a lot of interviews with current and former players, that gives a picture of Patricia as a person and as a coach. Strongly recommended.

Best quotes:

"Honestly, he pissed me off a lot. We had our moments where we yelled at each other, where he kicked me out of meetings before." Rob Ninkovich​

"He's a great man. It's that simple. He cares about us. We care about him. And don't let me hear you say a bad word about him. We can do that, but not you. Because we know him, we know what he's all about." Dont'a Hightower​

[Apologies if previously linked]

I've ready accepted he's getting a head role elsewhere congratulations Matt.
To my core I'm a Patriots fan and watching Jimmy G look incredible in another jersey.
Accepting Matt and Josh are heading for head coach promos.
While I'm happy for all of them the fan in me says I don't want this train to stop rolling.
It's been a great ride ever since Belichick came and shook the team up when he first got the reins I didnt trust his decisons at first glance.
Cutting my favorite players in Coates Slade Armstrong.
Even after winning the Superbowl cutting Milloy letting Law walk. They were my favorite Patriot defenders ever.
Now seeing his vison for the team come to fruiition in spades incredible.
Now thinking of the Team without Belichick Brady and our genius coordinators.
I don't want to see these other teams catch up.
It sounds selfish but we were the Houston Texans Tennesee Titans good enough to be in the playoffs maybe a wildcard but we competed.
Was often outgunned by Marino Favre Kelly.
My wanting to retain Garaopollo was to not have to go see my beloved team lose close ones vs win them.
Going from Patriots they cheat to Patriots they suck.
If the train is coming off the tracks it's been a incredible ride.
Now maybe Bill can reload using his sons to catupult this team someone find another Brady or Jimmy G glass of QB.
All are a very tall order TB12 Diet we need you your are only hope.

Very reminiscent of Romeo and Charlie getting a lot of love and leaving after the XXXIX win.

Great shot of BB, CW, RC all hugging at end. Hopefully deja vu again this Feb.

I've ready accepted he's getting a head role elsewhere congratulations Matt.
To my core I'm a Patriots fan and watching Jimmy G look incredible in another jersey.
Accepting Matt and Josh are heading for head coach promos.
While I'm happy for all of them the fan in me says I don't want this train to stop rolling.
It's been a great ride ever since Belichick came and shook the team up when he first got the reins I didnt trust his decisons at first glance.
Cutting my favorite players in Coates Slade Armstrong.
Even after winning the Superbowl cutting Milloy letting Law walk. They were my favorite Patriot defenders ever.
Now seeing his vison for the team come to fruiition in spades incredible.
Now thinking of the Team without Belichick Brady and our genius coordinators.
I don't want to see these other teams catch up.
It sounds selfish but we were the Houston Texans Tennesee Titans good enough to be in the playoffs maybe a wildcard but we competed.
Was often outgunned by Marino Favre Kelly.
My wanting to retain Garaopollo was to not have to go see my beloved team lose close ones vs win them.
Going from Patriots they cheat to Patriots they suck.
If the train is coming off the tracks it's been a incredible ride.
Now maybe Bill can reload using his sons to catupult this team someone find another Brady or Jimmy G glass of QB.
All are a very tall order TB12 Diet we need you your are only hope.

jerod mayo also had some nice words about matty p in the latest quick slants podcast:

Quick Slants The Podcast

he relayed the same story about patricia's first year when he was coaching linebackers that the vets would just leave during meetings. it got to the point that belichick had to sit in on the linebacker meetings so they would stay and learn the game plans for upcoming games. patricia learned from that and ran a much tighter ship his second year.

mayo also said the same thing that harmon did--that matty p cares about his players. for instance, if belichick was chewing out a defensive player for a mistake, patricia would take responsibility if it was his fault. seems like any assistant coach should do that, but mayo said that not all coaches do.

Well I've said bad things about Matty P schemes in the past out of my glorious ignorance but he's been nothing but awesome since 2014.

I was prepared to Josh McD leaving eventually as every end of season he gets to be interviewed for HC jobs. Matt P being on the HC conversation started last year and I thought he would stay longer to maybe replace BB someday but I think he leaves because the timing couldn't be better for him. There are good openings available and it seems teams are going on a direction of being more patient and letting a program to develop (even when it's not the case). It seems the new "NFL trend" even though Vance Joseph almost got the can.

I guarantee BB has someone to step into each of the coordinators shoes if they leave. I remember when Matty P stepped in most didn't know much about him. BB's tree has many branches.

I guarantee BB has someone to step into each of the coordinators shoes if they leave. I remember when Matty P stepped in most didn't know much about him. BB's tree has many branches.

When RAC and Weiss left, we all thought things were gonna come unglued, but BB knew his men and although the transition wasn't seamless, it wasn't bad either. Coach B has someone being groomed for awile to fill any vacancies that might occur in his staff.

Just another example of New England's "Next Man Up" philosophy.

Think he'd be a great successor to BB, but everybody wants to be the top dog when they get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back