ESPY's the best NFL Player 2018... #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Last night #12 was named as best NFL player for the second time.. of course it pales in comparison to AAron Rodgers 4 ESPY's and the "tea baggers" 3... Seems as though he did not show up for this gala event.. family time??

Full list of 2018 ESPYS winners

Last edited:
If the NFL MVP did not win an award for best NFL player they might as well shut it down.

I didn't watch it. ESPN was trying to push it on social media showing all of the cringeworthy skits that Danica Patrick and others did and got appropriately roasted by their followers for it.

I turned it on out of curiosity about my alma mater, umbc, just as they were awarding Jim kelly. Listened to his speech and then the next bit was political and I turned it off. Sadly, umbc, the first 16 seed in the ncaa to beat a 1 seed didn’t win. I guess the vikes saints ending was more special?

I watch TV via DirectTv. ESPN isn't on the set of channels I use and had no awareness that the ESPYs was even on. I assume TB didn't show up for it.

I watch TV via DirectTv. ESPN isn't on the set of channels I use and had no awareness that the ESPYs was even on. I assume TB didn't show up for it.
I have Directv too, and Espy was on one of my local channels, not on the espn channels

Ovechkin got best male athlete. I think he deserved it, not that winning an ESPY means anything.

Last edited:
I only watched last year when Jules roasted Gomer.

Ovechkin got best male athlete. I think he deserved it, not they winning an ESPY means anything.
No one is going to look at the end of a guys career, and look for how many ESPY’s he won.

That sounds like something Bill Polian would use if he voted for the Hall of Fame.

I have Directv too, and Espy was on one of my local channels, not on the espn channels
Then I must not have watched TV that night or I have successfully trained my brain to ignore anything that begins with capital ESP + a 4th digit :D

And is it a coincidence that NY would be the 4th letter in both their products?

No one is going to look at the end of a guys career, and look for how many ESPY’s he won.

That sounds like something Bill Polian would use if he voted for the Hall of Fame.

Back in 2000, Polian had a 2018 ESPY grade for Tom Brady. He knew before everyone!

Back in 2000, Polian had a 2018 ESPY grade for Tom Brady. He knew before everyone!
I heard they did give him a HOF ballot this year. He requested for the 5 year wait for eligibility to be removed due to it being unfair.

He voted for Forehead, Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and Cato June. :rolleyes:

Please don’t dignify the ESPYs by making a thread about it. I already feel complicit just in posting this.

On the topic of laughable awards shows, HOW ON EARTH DID MICHAEL MCKEAN NOT EVEN GET NOMINATED FOR AN EMMY AWARD!?!?

Snobby (only the best shows), long-time television series watcher here. Michael McKean’s performance on Better Call Saul the last theee year’s has been the best acting performance I’ve ever seen, especially this last season. Rhea Seahorn also a gigantic snub on that show. So many actors/actresses were so unworthy of nominations, especially compared to these two.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye