PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: Shaquille O'Neal close to signing with Celtics

I agree they should start Shaq... I would stop far short of the word "domination" but it does present some challenges for opposing teams and is probably the Celts best foot forward.

Shaq's liabilities are going to present some challenges for Doc Rivers as well so even though Shaq is starting Jermaine and Davis will collectively take the majority of minutes.

I'd guess Doc is thinking of a rotation that's going to require the team to adapt different offensive and defensive schemes for scheduled stretches of minutes for each player

The real question will be who Doc chooses to go with in crunch time (at least until Perkins is healthy.)

If not for the Heat the Celtics offseason moves would be creating most of the buzz in the league this year, with a team that was 13 minutes from Banner #18 making themselves stronger in the offseason.
I'm enjoying idiots like Jeff Van Gundy coming out saying the Heat are indefensible, can score at will and will challenge the single season win record as well as challenge the 33 straight win streak. Correct me if I am wrong but there's one winner in that side and he needed Shaq to be the centre piece during that championship run.

It's a lot easier to defend than score. This season is set up for a beauty.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back