PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN NFL Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaBruinz said:
Merrill Hoge picked Denver? That's interesting because on the ESPN website, he had picked the Patriots.

Hoge ain't part of the Countdown crew (Berman, Young, Irvin, TJ)

BusterTBronco said:
Yes, they did all pick Denver. Now, why do you suppose they would do that?

Could it be that they know that Denver is a SUPERIOR TEAM? Could it be that they know that the Patriots are in for a WORLD CLASS BUTT KICKING? Could it be that the Pats so-called "dynasty" is about to come to an end?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Adios Capitano!

No it means like everyone else they don't know who will win so just went with the home team. And as for the Dynasty of the NE Patriots there is no question it's real. A lot more than can be said for a team that hasn't won a championship since they were no longer allowed to cheat and circumvent the salary cap.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
The part that made me roll my eyes when when Tommy Jackson suddenly burst out something about "I can't believe we still don't know if Tedy Bruschi is going to play. Aren't the Patriots supposed to play within the rules ?". That's paraphrased, but the point is accurate.

Hey Tom - why don't you call Belichick and ask him Bruschi's status ? :D :rofl:
Earlier in the show Mortenson (I think) reported that Bruschi wasn't 100% certain to play, and the possibility was raised that BB would be in trouble with the league if Bruschi doesn't play. It's a reasonable point, the fact that Bruschi was removed from the injury report means there should be no question, and if he missed any part of practice but that wasn't reported there could be repercussions.

We will ahve to see what happens.

FSUPatsFan said:
Well, Lets see, Tom Jackson played 14 years for the Broncos and hates the Patriots. Michael Irvin is on drugs. Steve Young has had one too many concussions. Berman picked the Pats, even though he didn't have an official pick on the show. If you notice at the very end of the show when the asked him he said, "I picked New England and Seattle for the Superbowl at the beginning of the year, what do u think"

Yeah I picked Seattle and hte Patriots this year as well.
Actually, I picked them last year to... :-D

kptmorgan04 said:
ALL PICKED DENVER!!!!

cant wait till tomorrow to laugh in their faces!

you, my friend, have the best screen name ever.

If you mean what I think you mean... I on a voyage last night with morgan. :)
If you know what I mean of course. :D

shmessy said:
After the opening game debacle in Buffalo in 2003 (31-0) the week after letting go Milloy, TJ goes on ESPN Countdown hours before the Philly game (a 4:00 start, therefore BB and some of the Pats still in their hotel at 11:00 watching snippets) and TJ says (looking right into the camera) 'Let me be clear about this, the Patriot players HATE their coach' (or something very close to that).

Ironic also, because I believe BB was the LB coach in Denver 1978 and coached TJ that year.

BB will probably take that one to the grave - he was livid according to Holley's book.

Chris Berman has carried Tom Jackson for years, something like 18. Berman has his way with words, creative players nicknames (e.g. Troy Brown and his band of renown) and, to me, makes a sports recap show or whatever more fun. Jackson is just plain boring. JMO.

fleabassist1 said:
you, my friend, have the best screen name ever.

If you mean what I think you mean... I on a voyage last night with morgan. :)
If you know what I mean of course. :D

thank you all for recapping, I rememberd someone saying that after the milloy cut and bills loss, but forgot who it was. classic that BB would say that to him after the super bowl.

as far as the screen name... my middle name IS morgan, my schools initials was KP, and Captain Morgan is one of my top drinks; so it all flowed perfectly!

Fanfrom1960 said:
Chris Berman has carried Tom Jackson for years, something like 18. Berman has his way with words, creative players nicknames (e.g. Troy Brown and his band of renown) and, to me, makes a sports recap show or whatever more fun. Jackson is just plain boring. JMO.

Yeah, but Tommy Boy does the Micheal Jackson "Hee hee!" better than anyone else in the biz. Dats why they can never get rid of him.

BusterTBronco said:
Yeah, but Tommy Boy does the Micheal Jackson "Hee hee!" better than anyone else in the biz. Dats why they can never get rid of him.

That is the first correct thing you have said since joining.........:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes