PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN E:60 Drew Bledsoe: Better with Age

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS, when I'm wrong, I own it.

I remember saying 18 years ago, "I'm not sure we let go of the right QB"

Thank You. For some reason the Brady lovers always thought they had to denigrate Drew. He couldn't match Tom's anticipation and quick reads of defense but as a passer he was one of the best. He got beat up a lot and the 2000 offensive line was one of the worst I ever saw. Warren Sapp said he admired his toughness, citing that they beat the crap out of him all game but he never let up and was still coming back at the end. He was a mess after 2000 but he was a good professional quarterback and I have a lot of respect for his career.
What's not to like about Drew? He was a great teammate(proven as he assumed the backup role on the way to SB#1); he's successful off the field and a philanthropist to boot. He rips it up on sticks(skiing is my passion) and probably his most memorable contribution was reigniting the fire of a beaten down region whose only sniff at the SB prior to this was an absolute embarrassment.

Reactions: sb1
He always was competitive. I can still tell to this day he hasn’t completely gotten over the decision to bench him for Brady. Don’t blame him.

I know his numbers werent great but I still say if it wasn’t for Drew we probably lose to Pitt in that AFCCG. I think he played better than his numbers showed.

Last edited:

One of the greatest QB games I’ve seen from anyone. This record still stands today even in the modern era.

Drew had an absolute cannon for an arm. Tough as nails too.

He always was competitive. I can still tell to this day he hasn’t completely gotten over the decision to bench him for Brady. Don’t blame him.

I know his numbers werent great but I still say if it wasn’t for Drew we probably lose to Pitt in that AFCCG. I think he played better than his numbers showed.

As tough as it was for Drew he still sucked it up and said and did the right things. With the wrong attitude he could have split the locker room. He's a class act all the way.

It was great to have Drew as the backup in Pitt in 2001, but he started to slip back later in that game. That might account for the numbers.

Brady gave us championships but in a very real sense it was Bledsoe who gave the franchise back its dignity.

As tough as it was for Drew he still sucked it up and said and did the right things. With the wrong attitude he could have split the locker room. He's a class act all the way.

It was great to have Drew as the backup in Pitt in 2001, but he started to slip back later in that game. That might account for the numbers.

I thought he did well for a guy who hadn’t played a snap for 4 months with no practice. Loved how he took a dirty shot from the Steelers like the Lewis hit and got right up fired up. After the dirty AF hit that knocked Brady out it was awesome to see Bledsoe get up all fired up with the team right in their faces.

What's not to like about Drew? He was a great teammate(proven as he assumed the backup role on the way to SB#1); he's successful off the field and a philanthropist to boot. He rips it up on sticks(skiing is my passion) and probably his most memorable contribution was reigniting the fire of a beaten down region whose only sniff at the SB prior to this was an absolute embarrassment.
AND Drew was born on Valentine's Day:)

His middle name is McQueen!
giphy.gif

He went to Walla Walla HS

"Good day, sir. I represent the Little Giant Vacuum Cleaner Company of Walla Walla Washington. And if you watch closely you will notice the powerful action of this machine as it removes completely and forever all foreign particles from around the room. I realize that you may not be ready to purchase Little Giant right now, but if you ever do, just remember The Little Giant Vacuum Cleaner Company of Walla Walla, Washington."

...and if the wrong decision was made they do not make the playoffs and we're sitting at zero Super Bowl wins today.

I would have gladly settled for Tony Eason to be bitter and resentful for one or two Super Bowl titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes