PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

End of an era .. BB: These guys played like champions last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
After locker room exaltation "Not this team“ after DEN, big smiling high five-ing Rutgers party at the sidelines vs HOU and explicitly praising the team to the press last couple of weeks, he's now calling his team champions and the SB is 14 days away.. Is this an end of an era .. or is it just hard to hold back the love for this team..

and this moment..

Last edited:
After locker room exaltation "Not this team“ after DEN, big smiling high five-ing Rutgers party at the sidelines vs HOU and explicitly praising the team to the press last couple of weeks, he's now calling his team champions and the SB is 14 days away.. Is this an end of an era .. or is it just hard to hold back the love for this team..

Don't worry; no way he's touching the trophy before the game.

and this moment..

I believe he is referring to being AFC Champions. Not looking ahead.

I believe .. since preseason .. he is more emotionally invested in this year and (consequently) in this team. The roster building alone was a roller coaster .. he went all-in from the start .. risked with the middle season reshuffle .. and can't hide he's glad its working out in this way..

They mentioned that BB has been coaching in about 18% of all super bowls and if he ever thought about that. Is this his 9th or 10th including the Giants super bowls?

They mentioned that BB has been coaching in about 18% of all super bowls and if he ever thought about that. Is this his 9th or 10th including the Giants super bowls?

10th.
- 21 and 25 as DC with Giants
- 31 as special assistant here
-total of 7 as HC here

It is also possible that the 'stress' of being in 6 consecutive championship games, and losing 3 of the last 4 before last night has taken some emotional toll. Even a team like the Patriots need to 'get over that hump' and I think last night was one of them.

Now it is a 1 game, anything can happen but they have 2 weeks to prepare, and no stupid deflategate to take up 1 week of their time. Having an emotional release is healthy.

and this moment..

Belichick was simply acknowledging that they had won a championship. It's not the SB but it's still a significant achievement and the team has earned that title. I don't think anyone in their locker room confuses that with their ultimate goal, which is another Lombardi. This team is as balanced, healthy, and focused as any I can remember. They are really smart, execute at a really high level, and are physically and mentally a very tough team. The Falcons pose some real problems for them but I can't help but to feel that this Patriots team is going to be really hard to knock off. The Patriots have a better team and a much better coaching staff, and one that has a ton of big game experience and will bring that to bear.

I'm going to enjoy this as much as possible, it's rare air.

Of course more appropriate BB quote in thread title would be: “This team is special” .. but Riess here also notices that the love and respect BB expresses about this team in public lately is out of his norm:
Patriots have achieved tough task of earning Bill Belichick's respect

Quotes:

Like a flea-flicker or a double-pass that is notable because of its rarity, so too is New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick's public praise of his team from a big-picture perspective, when he steps outside of his ultra-disciplined, hard-grinding day-to-day approach.

“We have a special team, a special group of guys that work really hard..“

“They put up with a lot from me, and they put up with a lot of significant demands and requirements here, but it’s done with the intent to try and produce a good product and a good team. They buy into it.”

“When you see them reacting and congratulating each other and celebrating like [Sunday night], you know you have a closeness on the team that is special,”

If that seems like a lot of big-picture praise from Belichick, it is. This isn’t the norm .. One thing is clear: Belichick couldn’t feel any better about the players who are doing that work. They’ve earned his respect, which is especially hard to do.

I'd prefer he kept the 'C word' out of the media for another two weeks...

This kind of **** always makes me uneasy... :eek:

hell some teams put up banners just for making it to the AFCCG.

Bill knows how special it is to get to the big dance, and hes not some grumpy old man with no emotions, he was living in the moment and i loved it.

Of course more appropriate BB quote in thread title would be: “This team is special” .. but Riess here also notices that the love and respect BB expresses about this team in public lately is out of his norm:
Patriots have achieved tough task of earning Bill Belichick's respect

Quotes:

Like a flea-flicker or a double-pass that is notable because of its rarity, so too is New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick's public praise of his team from a big-picture perspective, when he steps outside of his ultra-disciplined, hard-grinding day-to-day approach.

“We have a special team, a special group of guys that work really hard..“

“They put up with a lot from me, and they put up with a lot of significant demands and requirements here, but it’s done with the intent to try and produce a good product and a good team. They buy into it.”

“When you see them reacting and congratulating each other and celebrating like [Sunday night], you know you have a closeness on the team that is special,”

If that seems like a lot of big-picture praise from Belichick, it is. This isn’t the norm .. One thing is clear: Belichick couldn’t feel any better about the players who are doing that work. They’ve earned his respect, which is especially hard to do.
From the very first moment he stepped onto the field with the Colts in '75, Bill has been completely emotionally invested. There has never been any variance of commitment. Same goes for Brady.
th
th

Gentlemen, I'm not remotely interested in being just good.

-Vince Lombardi, on his first day as coach to the Packers players, 1959
th

Last edited:
hell some teams put up banners just for making it to the AFCCG.

Bill knows how special it is to get to the big dance, and hes not some grumpy old man with no emotions, he was living in the moment and i loved it.

Grigson is that you posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore