PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Edit]HOF Reject/SB-Never-Was Cris Carter's Laughs at Pats Chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be wrong again. How many times can an ex-player turned expert pundit be wrong and keep his job? Apparently forever if Carter's career is any example.

Alternatively, if Cris Carter speaks and their is no other broken down old NFL player there to hear him, is he just making unintelligible noise?

It is unintelligible noise whether there is someone there to hear him or not.

NFC championship in 1998 and 2000 seasons. Lost both times.

If you'll also recall, Cris Carter came out of "retirement" in 2002 to join the Miami Dolphins late when they were leading the AFC East. Dolphins lost the final two weeks of the season to the Vikings and... get this... the Patriots.

Things that make you go hmmm.....

what a sore loser, he then goes into "sports journalism" and hates the team that beat him.

what a waste of talent....

Yeah I forgot to add that that loss knocked the Dolphins out of the playoffs when two weeks prior, they were the #1 seed in the AFC (2002 still the worst year I've ever seen from the league as a whole). Ricky Williams was MVP like and might have won if not for Rich Gannon's performance. The Dolphins were Carter's last chance at a ring and his former team and the Patriots stopped him. I hope he still wakes up in a cold sweat seeing Jamar Fletcher flagged for PI against David Givens.

This thread made me think back to the Patriots vs. Panthers superbowl a few years back. I remember thinking wow, we are going to tear the panthers a new one. Turns out it was a close game and we only won by 3 if I'm not mistaken. After that game, it just hit me like a ton of bricks, the superbowl is a totally different animal than any other football game. 2 weeks to prepare, all the media, all the hype, these are all factors that can change teams completely. With that said, I would also like to point out that "Vegas" knows exactly what they're doing. It's no accident that they picked New England. As for Chris Carter, I don't give a damn what he says, his GUESS is no more valid than yours or mine. You think these former players are really that smart? C'mon, they have prefernces and biases just like all of us and that's why there are very few analysts that are totally arbitrary.

agree with everything you said except for the vegas thing. Vegas lost a lot of money on the Giants this year.

Mortensen just said that the Pats will will lose by at least 10 points...

You're mentioning the Packers as if it's meaningful. It's not. The Packers didn't show up. Of the last 5 wins for the Giants, the one against the Packers, along with the one against the no-show Falcons, is probably the least impressive.

The Packers are the defending Super Bowl Champions and finished 15-1, so yeah, knocking them out of the tournament rises to the level of any observer's definition of "meaningful."

So let's try the question one more time. In your estimation, what win by the Patriots this season is of the caliber of the Giants beating the Packers at Lambeau in the playoffs?

The Packers are the defending Super Bowl Champions and finished 15-1, so yeah, knocking them out of the tournament rises to the level of any observer's definition of "meaningful."

So let's try the question one more time. In your estimation, what win by the Patriots this season is of the caliber of the Giants beating the Packers at Lambeau in the playoffs?
There wasn't one. Now, tell me, in your estimation, what win by the Patriots this season was of the caliber of a team giving away a home game via dropped passes, missed assignments, uncharacteristic poor play from the consensus best QB in the league, etc.?

Why does every commentator think that only Julian Edelman will be covering Victor Cruz the whole game? Has Edelman ever played more than a 1/4 of the defensive plays? I'm pretty sure we got 5 DB's in Arrington, McCourty, Moore, Chung, and Idhegibo ahead of him in the pecking order.

I think Belichick will place Arrington & Moore on Nicks & Manningham on the outside as corners and place McCourty as the nickelback/slot corner on Cruz with Chung and Idhegibo playing safety. While obviously our weak link, I feel a lot better about how the secondary match up with the Giants receiver corps especially thanks to Moore developing to a respectable option as a starter corner and bumping McCourty to potentially a nickelback or safety option.

You have to believe that Belichick is going to game plan to try and take away Cruz with Nicks second leaving up to Manningham to have a big game.

I'm watching NFL Countdown right now and Chris Carter is completely disrespecting the Pats...laughing at the defense, Edleman, and Belichick's coaching job this year while ball washing all the Giants. The rest are critical and favor the Giants but Carter is being a dic*.:mad: If all these analysts give us no chance, how is it we're favorites? Long week ahead for us.
Essentially you want Cris Carter to kiss Bill Belichick's rings.

Hey.

Fun Fact:

Chris Carter never even went to a Superbowl. He never won anything. He's no expert on what it takes to win.

Cool fact, huh?

Mortensen just said that the Pats will will lose by at least 10 points...
The Pats lost their 3 games combined by 15 points. The Steelers game was the worst performance of the season and they had a chance to win on their last drive.

If the Pats lose, they'll be competitive. This team has demonstrated fighting spirit in season 2011/2012.

Last edited:
Chris Carter was a great NFL WR...he made the sideline catch leaning out of bounds an artform....he worked his craft tirelessly and was big, strong and durable. What he knows is the game from the eyes of an NFL wide receiver. What he will NEVER know is the game from the eyes of a Super Bowl winner...like Bill Belichick.

There wasn't one. Now, tell me, in your estimation, what win by the Patriots this season was of the caliber of a team giving away a home game via dropped passes, missed assignments, uncharacteristic poor play from the consensus best QB in the league, etc.?

There wasn't one. The Patriots, through the wisdom of the NFL, were not scheduled to play themselves.

Last edited:
I'm watching NFL Countdown right now and Chris Carter is completely disrespecting the Pats...laughing at the defense, Edleman, and Belichick's coaching job this year while ball washing all the Giants. The rest are critical and favor the Giants but Carter is being a dic*.:mad: If all these analysts give us no chance, how is it we're favorites? Long week ahead for us.

:deadhorse:

I dont want to start a thread so here are my thoughts.

Its funny that all the giants are talking Sh%t, but Brady says he HOPES to have a party next week, and suddenly Brady is the one trash talking

Its funny how they talk about the giants 5 game win streak, but neglect to talk about the pats TEN game win streak

If the giants pass rush is sooooo good, how did they lose 7 games?

Its funny that all the giants are talking Sh%t, but Brady says he HOPES to have a party next week, and suddenly Brady is the one trash talking

Its funny how they talk about the giants 5 game win streak, but neglect to talk about the pats TEN game win streak

Because every opponent in those 7 games somehow cheated and got away with it. It's the only logical answer.

Disagree on the Gints talking sh*it. See:
Justin Tuck, Giants Taking Well-Behaved Approach, Not Offering Up Any Trash Talk Ahead of Super Bowl XLVI - Super Bowl - NESN.com

I can see why the Gints 5 game streak is given more importance provided the stat is used in conjuction with the opponent's record.

They lost seven games earlier during the season when they didn't have some key D players.

Having said all that, I hope we beat them so badly that it goes a long way to removing the painful memories of the prior SB.

Go PATS!!

Disagree on the Gints talking sh*it. See:
Justin Tuck, Giants Taking Well-Behaved Approach, Not Offering Up Any Trash Talk Ahead of Super Bowl XLVI - Super Bowl - NESN.com

I can see why the Gints 5 game streak is given more importance provided the stat is used in conjuction with the opponent's record.

They lost seven games earlier during the season when they didn't have some key D players.

Having said all that, I hope we beat them so badly that it goes a long way to removing the painful memories of the prior SB.

Go PATS!!

i hope so too. i dont see this as a revenge game but crushing them will make me feel better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents