PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Pregnancy Scandal

demerit

On the Roster
Reaction score
Who else is thrilled that this "news" story didn't catch on with the sports media? I was absolutely positive that I was going to see this story on ESPN for at least a day or two talking about the "culture" in New England and how it doesn't align with "family values." Some how, by the grace of god, we have managed to fly under the radar with this one.

For anyone who doesn't know the story, let me summarize it for you:

Julian Edelman got a smoking hot woman pregnant.
He is now going out with a different smoking hot woman who is most likely not currently pregnant.

you live under a rock the past five years? yeah, Edelman got "A" woman pregnant. Antonio Cromartie has impregnated half the damn country during the same span. Edelman isn't even page 8, 2nd section, bottom of the page in the Cromartie times, brother. You gotta bring some major Johnny Appleseed shyt to the table these days if you want media play.

you live under a rock the past five years? yeah, Edelman got "A" woman pregnant. Antonio Cromartie has impregnated half the damn country during the same span. Edelman isn't even page 8, 2nd section, bottom of the page in the Cromartie times, brother. You gotta bring some major Johnny Appleseed shyt to the table these days if you want media play.

Joker, you are missing the point of the post. I don't care how many women Edelman gets pregnant. I'd actually prefer for him to get TONS of women pregnant as he seems to have strong genetics. The dude is athletic, attractive, and I would assume intelligent as he seems to know the entire Patriots playbook inside and out.

The fact of the matter is that ESPN and the like have not decided to persecute Edelman for leaving the mother of his child. This is shocking considering he plays for the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS. Everything any player does is highly scrutinized while they play under this teams moniker.

Who else is thrilled that this "news" story didn't catch on with the sports media? I was absolutely positive that I was going to see this story on ESPN for at least a day or two talking about the "culture" in New England and how it doesn't align with "family values." Some how, by the grace of god, we have managed to fly under the radar with this one.

For anyone who doesn't know the story, let me summarize it for you:

Julian Edelman got a smoking hot woman pregnant.
He is now going out with a different smoking hot woman who is most likely not currently pregnant.
Troll ....................

Troll ....................

An interesting response. I've never been accused of being a troll before. In my defense, I signed up for this site back in 2008. I've posted a lot of comments and posts that people have liked over the years. In summation, if this is a troll account, it is quite possibly the most elaborate and intricate troll account that any Internet message board has ever seen.

OP doesn't really seem like a troll and I'm not sure why people are giving him a hard time. I see what he means, the media loves to obsess on how bad and horrible the Patriots are and this story would just add more fuel to that fire.

Though, I'm not shocked. This SHOULDNT be covered on the news.

OP doesn't really seem like a troll and I'm not sure why people are giving him a hard time. I see what he means, the media loves to obsess on how bad and horrible the Patriots are and this story would just add more fuel to that fire.

Though, I'm not shocked. This SHOULDNT be covered on the news.
if someone were really thrilled that the media ignored the edelman story, it's strange for that person to go ahead and create a thread with a salacious title like "edelman pregnancy scandal" and then summarize what happened for people who haven't heard about it....

@bbobbo - Maybe, but I've done things like that in the past and it was more me just saying how it was and stuff. I've posted things similiar about anime on various anime sites and was never called a troll for it. He might be a troll, but not enough has been said to leave me convinced.

You're not a troll, I don't see any bad intention in your post. But I still don't see why you'd expect them to make a story out of something like this. And I get the whole "Oh it's the Patriots so they want to go out and get us" thing.

We've seen, especially the past few years, what makes ESPN tick politically. We all know they generally lean a certain direction on the political scale. My point is that I just don't think that traditional family values is something that they really care to put focus on politically.

Joker, you are missing the point of the post. I don't care how many women Edelman gets pregnant. I'd actually prefer for him to get TONS of women pregnant as he seems to have strong genetics. The dude is athletic, attractive, and I would assume intelligent as he seems to know the entire Patriots playbook inside and out.

The fact of the matter is that ESPN and the like have not decided to persecute Edelman for leaving the mother of his child. This is shocking considering he plays for the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS. Everything any player does is highly scrutinized while they play under this teams moniker.

No, I DIDN'T "miss the point" of your post. YOU missed MY point. The NFL CANNOT make a huge deal out of this because, as Goodell well knows, he'll get Cromartie and Jets favoritism shoved right back down his throat immediately. What the Scumbagdell will probably do is take credit for NOT blowing this story up and then use THAT tactic to continue to cement his Wall Of Moronicism vis a vis the Brady decision.

if someone were really thrilled that the media ignored the edelman story, it's strange for that person to go ahead and create a thread with a salacious title like "edelman pregnancy scandal" and then summarize what happened for people who haven't heard about it....

Yeah, I'm an enormous troll. That's why I'm the one that spent 10 hours digitizing the 1995 New England Patriots Season VHS. That's why this board is going downhill. The mods can't recognize an actual troll.

wait...this board is going downhill? what are your metrics for stating this? do you actually believe this board is troll free? and for the record, I don't presume to judge you as a a troll because you post a contentious thread. I just disagree with your premise.

Who cares?

@demerit - Suggestion: I've been apart of many forums and even when I first joined this one there were at least six people who called me a troll for absolutely no reason. I didn't get it, but being labeled a troll is better than being banned or hated. You can still recover and just do what I did - Don't bad mouth them. Try to have smart or thoughtful conversations to change their minds on you. Making a small issue into a huge one and consuming the thread with "I'm not a troll" only makes matters worse.

Edelman is 30 and is a NFL veteran who signed a nice contract, as long as he pays his child support this is a non story.

wait...this board is going downhill? what are your metrics for stating this? do you actually believe this board is troll free? and for the record, I don't presume to judge you as a a troll because you post a contentious thread. I just disagree with your premise.
Is there a joke involved with this? No one cares about your crusty old point of view unless it is funny.

drop your drawers...look down...see it?...there's your joke. Wait...you can't see it? Here, try these...

b_b800eb8571a682b09556d1c1057009621241-BT.JPG

Oh look, you even get a new, snappy handle upgrade from that obtuse "demerit"...TWEEZERMAN....heh heh heh..:eek:

Voices delight at potential story passing by the wayside by bringing up and discussing potential story. Gotta love forums.

drop your drawers...look down...see it?...there's your joke. Wait...you can't see it? Here, try these...

Oh look, you even get a new, snappy handle upgrade from that obtuse "demerit"...TWEEZERMAN....heh heh heh..:eek:
Wow, you make things sooo easy.
Is there a joke involved with this? No one cares about your crusty old point of view unless it is funny.

Classic.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back